Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Raceway youth ATV's

Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raceway youth ATV's

I'm looking to purchase my 5 yr. old boy a quad for X-mas. I am leaning toward purchasing from Raceway as I have read that parts and service are reliable and they are a Sponsored site in this forum.

Wanted to know if anybody has purchased the 90 mini and if so how reliable it was and which of the China based companies makes it. I continue to read all of the "horror" stories posted but there are just as many that have enjoyed a "cheap" atv for the little ones.

The Honda 90 is too BIG and quite expensive at $2700.

He has beat the HELL out of an electric quad and handles that thing like a dream. He's ready for an upgrade...any suggestions?
http://www.racewayatv.com/Race...0-cc-kids-quad-ATV.php

Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be way ahead getting a used machine from one of the big four, rather than messing with these "off brand" companies. All my friends with off brands, have had nothing but grief. Sure the price is cheaper, but in the end it will be wasted money.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

ButterchurninMan,

Here's my $.02 cents. I bought my son this quad for his birthday back in June from Raceway. I placed my order online and had it within a few days (it's shipped via freight truck) from California to South Dakota. My son had about 20 or so hours on it and a front wheel bearing went out. I called up Raceway the next business day and they had a new bearing kit shipped out to me that day and I had it within 3 business days. The folks at Raceway were very friendly and did not question me once, other then to verify my shipping information for the part!

I don't know about you, but I didn't want to blow a lot of cash on my son's first quad. If I was rich (I am not) I would have bought a brand new name brand quad. Around where I live, even a 5 year old name brand quad for kids is still well over $1000. I made sure I chose a reputable dealer and since, as you said, Raceway is a sponsor on this site, and has nothing but positive reviews, I had no problem ordering from them. Will the next quad I buy for my son be an off-brand quad? Probably not. But by that point he will be a more experienced rider and ready for a more expensive quad.

In my opinion, if you choose to order an off-brand quad, I would highly recommend buying from Raceway. There are a few pics of his quad in my gallery.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your response and info regarding Raceway and their service.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey redhans I am looking to get the same atv for my son he is 8 years old and 46" tall do you think this would be a good fit for him,also would it be possible to show some pics with your son so we can see how it fits.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum ButterchurninMan! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ive got a 90cc mini utility quad from Raceway. Mine is a LonChin. It needed a lot of bolts loctited (like all things used off road) and a minor carb adjustment. (replace the stock fuel line and filter and put a NGK C7HSA in and youll be good to go) The little quad starts and runs great. Mine has only been ridden by adults over 200lbs and has been flipped, rolled and crashed more than Id like to admit. It keeps coming back for more.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

If Safety is a concern you could consider a dune buggy or Go Kart. The center of gravity is lower so they do not flip as easily. Seat harnesses are also standard on Karts. We offer a nice selection visit our site at FamilyGoKarts.com

Good luck Shopping!