Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Mountaineer 300 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountaineer excellent ATV

I own two of these units both 2 wheel drive. They are well made and excellent machines. Those that bad mouth them have no idea what they are talking about. They base the bad mouth by made in china copies. Kubota is a Catapillar rip off and a better machine today.

Parts are readily available from the Arkansas importer and parts books come with them. They are heavy duty and run perfectly. They are loaded with extras. They compare very well to the Honda but for litterally half the price. These are utility units and made for moving and hauling not for racing and jumping.

I now own two of them because the first has been so good. If you dont like chinese items you best go through all your products and toss about half of them. I advise check it out yourself. GEM-EX

Originally Posted by h2ojohn
Would like to hear the good and bad about this atv from those who own or have owned one................ I am an old man who won't be riding hard............

Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Thumbs up They are very good machines

I am a local shop owner for all types of vehicles and do alot of work for various fleets and car lots. Recently a car lot that sends me their vehicles bought a bunch of mountaineer atv's and go carts. I was thinking these are cheap pieces of crap until I worked on some and finally bought a pair of 300cc 4x4. I love them, they are not speed demons but they are solid and you are right they are yamaha based motors built in conjuntion with lanhai for yamaha for their outdoor powersports devision. I have had no problems getting parts and for the money you can have two for the price of one of the big four. The only thing to note with these atv's and go carts is to go over them and do some quality checks and inspections to make sure everything is tight. The go carts have given us some trouble. Mainly with some plastic fenders and their brackets ( just beefed up the weld for the bracket and made sure the bolts were all thight) these are made by cheaper labor and well for the price they sell for and the fact that I like to tinker and know what I own, I had no problem. We took our atv's to colorado recently and had no trouble with altitude and they were awsome. They are going to be offering a longer warranty as they role out more dealers. These things are solid and I have also recently riden a scooter and wasn't completely satisfied with it but yet it is only a scooter and it ran better than a moped. If you need more info let me know...

Old 09-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by asaiservices918
I am a local shop owner for all types of vehicles and do alot of work for various fleets and car lots. Recently a car lot that sends me their vehicles bought a bunch of mountaineer atv's and go carts. I was thinking these are cheap pieces of crap until I worked on some and finally bought a pair of 300cc 4x4. I love them, they are not speed demons but they are solid and you are right they are yamaha based motors built in conjuntion with lanhai for yamaha for their outdoor powersports devision. I have had no problems getting parts and for the money you can have two for the price of one of the big four. The only thing to note with these atv's and go carts is to go over them and do some quality checks and inspections to make sure everything is tight. The go carts have given us some trouble. Mainly with some plastic fenders and their brackets ( just beefed up the weld for the bracket and made sure the bolts were all thight) these are made by cheaper labor and well for the price they sell for and the fact that I like to tinker and know what I own, I had no problem. We took our atv's to colorado recently and had no trouble with altitude and they were awsome. They are going to be offering a longer warranty as they role out more dealers. These things are solid and I have also recently riden a scooter and wasn't completely satisfied with it but yet it is only a scooter and it ran better than a moped. If you need more info let me know...
hey asaiservices918 - I have a buddy with a 2005 400Ex and someone he knows is offering a 400 mountaineer for trade. Buddy wants to trade because he is more into hunting and wants a 4 wheel drive to drag deer and such. We have searched the internet over and over and there is nothing on these atvs. I told him it might not be a good idea mainly because these knockoff atvs have always seemed cheap. Whats your opinion?

Old 09-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by asaiservices918

I am looking for clutch parts for a 300 mountaineer 4 wheeler . I have been unable to find parts and was hoping you could help me . Thank you

Old 09-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need a motor

we’re is a good place to find a motor for one I’m in need of one

Originally Posted by GEM-Explorer
I own two of these units both 2 wheel drive. They are well made and excellent machines. Those that bad mouth them have no idea what they are talking about. They base the bad mouth by made in china copies. Kubota is a Catapillar rip off and a better machine today.

Parts are readily available from the Arkansas importer and parts books come with them. They are heavy duty and run perfectly. They are loaded with extras. They compare very well to the Honda but for litterally half the price. These are utility units and made for moving and hauling not for racing and jumping.

I now own two of them because the first has been so good. If you dont like chinese items you best go through all your products and toss about half of them. I advise check it out yourself. GEM-EX

Old 09-06-2022, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Need a motor for one do you k ow we’re and how much one will be

QUOTE=tractorman702001;2843465]I am looking for clutch parts for a 300 mountaineer 4 wheeler . I have been unable to find parts and was hoping you could help me . Thank you[/QUOTE]