Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Sold ATV now buyer wants to return

Old 05-15-2016, 01:32 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it was me I might just buy it back at a lower price and sell it again to someone else. No warranty means no refund but you could name your price.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is funny you brought up his friend as a lawyer because that's what he told me. His close friend is a lawyer and I need to answer his calls. I tried offering to buy it for less but he won't so now I will just wait and see if he was bluffing. He told me he has a video with the noise but won't send it to me because his "lawyer" advised him not too. I have stopped talking to him so hopefully things will be over.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluerzr2016
That is funny you brought up his friend as a lawyer because that's what he told me. His close friend is a lawyer and I need to answer his calls. I tried offering to buy it for less but he won't so now I will just wait and see if he was bluffing. He told me he has a video with the noise but won't send it to me because his "lawyer" advised him not too. I have stopped talking to him so hopefully things will be over.
Bwahhaaaaaa... My close friend,my brother in law,father in law,next door neighbor.. I've heard all of this before.. Go on with your life and don't give this guy a second thought.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Funny thing, I actually have a cousin who is a lawyer. Out of state, so never have contacted him about legal stuff.

From what I can tell, he has a lot of nice stuff. Something tells me he got that by looking after his interests more than his clients.

Might want to tell the guy you checked with a lawyer friend and he said harassment charges seem to be more in order.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluerzr2016
Hello,
This is my first post. I recently sold an atv. We met at a gas station as i don't like people at my house. He looked it over and started it up briefly. We agreed on the price and exchanged the title and cash. The next day he texts me and asks about a noise in the engine. It has a bunch of engine work, hot cam, bigger piston, higher compression etc. I tell him it is the cam and I have talked to hot cams as well as other forums and it is normal tick with there stage 3 cam. A couple days later he now wants to return it because he says it is a problem and I mislead him by not telling him about it. It is normal so why would I say anything. I do not want it back but he is threatening to sue. He says ibwas hiding it by not lettijg him ride it and meeting at a gas station. He never objected or asked to ride it. Does he have anything on me or is it sold as is?
You stated above that the buyer started the ATV briefly. When you/he started it....it had no noise.....but now it does?

Old 05-23-2016, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The whole situation just sounds like the buyer is trying to scam you. In reality, with no warranty all sales are final. He probably just had buyer's remorse about spending the money and/or his wife may have chewed him out for buying it. That might be the real reason he's trying to get his money back. In reality there might be nothing wrong with it he just feels he made a mistake in spending the money on an atv. It also sounds like he wasn't really sure of what he was getting as obviously with custom engine work it will sound different than with a stock engine. Stock is always quieter than modified.