Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

SP/MAG/GRIZ/450HONDA/CAT500

Old 02-07-2000, 08:41 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously, have fun with it. Which 4wheel drive quad do YOU think is the best? Why? Which do you think deserves 2nd? And what will happen to your choice when the new rubicon comes out?

NOTE FROM ATVBBS:

Duplicate posts deleted. One forum per post, please.

atvbbs

Old 02-07-2000, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wont tell you that my choice is the ''BEST'' simple because NO quad does EVERYTHING
the best.I'll tell you why I chose the 99 Sportsman though.I like the 500cc engine,ground
clearance,IRS,liquid cooling,sharp turning radius,plush ride,and I love the AWD system
that spins ALL four wheels instead of just three.I wish it were about 100lbs lighter
though.Ask someone else of their choice,they perhaps will like other features differantly.To
each their own.===BILL

P.S. I forgot to mention I like the switchable 2wd-4wd option the Sportsman has and Auto trans.The Rubicon?We'll just have to wait and see.Allready,there are things I dislike about it,such as non-switchable 4x4,not a true 4x4,and drum brakes.I love the idea of that trans on the Rubicon.After it's been out about a yr or so,we can pass better judgement.===BILL

Old 02-07-2000, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

I will say my Arctic Cat 500 because it has the most torque of all utility quads and it has a LESS QUESTIONABLE reliablity reord.(I will say it for the POlaris owners,{ Yet my Quad is in the shop for 2 thinks that were not caused by me, the fan switch and the water pump gasket.})

I must say that the The Sportsman 500 comes in a VERY CLOSE second in m book, thats why I am planning on getting one after my cat is payed off.

I think that the Cat is the better worker and the Sportsman is the better mudder(not by far) and better for recreation.

Old 02-10-2000, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

1st would be the SP500 for its suspension and having the most ground clearance.

2nd would be the Grizzly because it is biggest badest guy around.

Old 02-13-2000, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

In the end, it all has to do with how much money you have to spend.

#1 Suzuki King Quad 300--Has every possible gear combination you can think of, 2 or 4 wheel drive, plenty of power, and 4-wheel ind. suspension. In fact, if I had a nickel for every time I pulled a Polaris 500, and Kodiac 400 out of a pit, I'd be a rich man by now. YOU WILL NEVER FIND A BETTER VALUE THAN A KING QUAD 300. Check them out!!

#2 For a larger investment, look at the new Suzuki QuadMaster 500 (new for 2000) and QuadRunner 500.