CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

noise at shut off

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise at shut off

When I turn off my DS 650 it sounds like the starter is making noise. I would say it sounds like the grinding you would hear if you held the start button on after the machine is already started, but it is doing this after the machine is turned off. I just got the machine and don't really know crap about them other than they are fun and fast. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it sounds like grinding while spinning backwards it may be the sprag clutch. Had that issue recently myself.
Any mods done to your machine? I didn't encounter the problem at all while my bikes were stock but the more go faster parts that you add the louder that noise gets!