CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

2004 traxter max

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 traxter max

i bought this 2004 traxter max brand new and it works great most of the time. it refuses to start in cold weather.(one of the major reasons for buying it). i run 100LL avaition fuel in it since new. the dealer cannot fix it to start in the winter!!!! has anyone else experienced this problem,or knows how to fix it???......HELP ME OUT PLEASE.

Name:  CONWAYLAKELOT102.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  450.4 KB

Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

i'can't beleive with all the expert's out there,that nobody has responded yet!....PLEASE HELP !.....(need more info ????)

Old 08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Cold starting hasn't really been a problem with my traxter, one of my first times driving it was in the winter, but I understand they can be finicky. Using the choke and giving it time to warm up are essentials, but I'm not sure what else there is to try. Just using high quality gasoline has been keeping mine running year-round, it sounds like you have that aspect covered though.
Do you park it in a garage or shed? That makes a difference, since it won't be an extremely cold start then. How cold are we talking? At -20 C it starts without much hesitation if I use the choke, even sparingly.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

i keep my traxter in a shipping container all winter long.every time i have tried to start it (at below freezing temp) it just will not start above freezing , and off it goes!

i'm sure there is an explanation for this problem. ( heated parking spot ) but i would like to get it to start out in it's shipping container spot when needed for hauling split firewood from where it is parked loaded and ready to go snow-free up to the woodstove at my house/saw shop/store during the winter months.

damn this is a frustrating start-up problem!!!!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ah ok, I guess it might be more complicated than what I thought. If it's in a shipping container, it wouldn't be quite as bad temperature-wise. Like I said, I've got a Traxter too, and there have been times that it was left outside at my camp in below-zero temperatures with nothing but a tarp to keep snow off it. Even times like those it wouldn't have any major problems starting. I remember reading in the manual something about cold starts below freezing. It said if starting below -20 degrees it is recommended to see a bombardier dealer about installing a primer kit, whatever that might be.
Sorry I couldn't be any more help, hopefully you can get it figured out.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

well,after a lot of thought....i'll just keep it in where it's warm.

Name:  PORCHADDITION1LargeWebview.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  67.3 KB

Name:  PORCHADDITION18LargeWebview.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  PORCHADDITION53LargeWebview.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  PORCHADDITION59LargeWebview.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  70.4 KB