CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

2000 Traxter 500 all gear lights flashing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Traxter 500 all gear lights flashing

So this has been a basket case for me I always end up with these it seems. Ok So the stator came loose and got into the flywheel. Flywheel and stator replaced. Put it back together (not me this is the story I got) and it was stuck in first gear. Could not shift at all even with the wrench. Shop that had it said tough luck to this guy so now I took it on and found that the shift linkage internally was bent. Fixed that and now it will shift first to second and back down but no higher. I can manually shift this higher say second and it will shift one up and back down to second but that is it. I have noticed that when I shift it with the button or with the wrench it does not seem to go back to center. Does anyone know what controls that? Is that an issue? would it be the rear trans sensor? I hate to though parts at things. I have done the reprogram and pulled the codes they said everything was wrong I think there was only 3 codes it did not have. I can get the list just don't have them in ft of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanka Scott