CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any Outlander 400HO Owners Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Outlander 400HO Owners Out There?

I just picked up my new Outlander max 400 on friday. Yesterday I took it for a 60 mile ride with a friend of mine that owns a traxter max. I did have a little whining coming from the transmission, but it didn't seem excessive. When we switched bikes I thought the traxter made more noise than mine, and so did the other felllow. So far I am very happy with the ride , comfort and performance.

Old 10-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I Picked up my new Outlander Max On Friday also. We took it out for a test on Saturday. I've noticed some whine but it's not that bad. I'm thinking it is still getting broken in. Lots of new noises to get used too but I didn't find any problems like the others in this thread. But I will keep an eye on in and this thread, just in case. Thanks to all that help keep us informed.

K

Old 10-27-2003, 08:35 PM
ML
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I have a new outlander max with 70 miles and about 10 hours. I also have a clunking noise coming from the cvt housing that seems to come with advancing the throttle after coasting. Not happy with that! I also have a whinning noise coming from the cvt housing that increases with speed, dealer said this was a fan located in the cvt housing to cool the belt down. Not happy with that either. I would also like to know if I am the only one that bought thinking that I would not have to adjust the valves? Three dealers and four factory reps (bomb display at Moultrie Ga Expo) assured me that the outlander has hydraulic lifters and will not need to have the valves adjusted. Wrong!
My next atv anything but a bomb!!

Old 10-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I now have 136 miles and 10.2 hours on my outlander max. I think it is great. Although I do get some whining from the crankcase I don't have any clunking and it is very smooth. I did a lot of research prior to buying. The outlander was the smoothest one out there and has lots of power. Any of the other belt drive makes that I drove also whined. So far I don't have any regrets about buying the outlander.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

ML all I can say is that I can relate to your frustration about your quad. I too did a lot of research and felt I was buying the best. The quad performs really well, BUT when I hear that metal clanging/banging noise from the drive shaft it upsets me and is also embarassing that a new machine sounds like it is breaking. It also has the clunk sound when I accelerate and decelerate, assuming it is caused by the drive shaft. I lodged a complaint with Bombardier and my case has now escalated to the review board. I just wish they would tell me that they will have a fix for this noise and I'd feel much better. Good luck and let Bombardier know how you feel NOT just us!!

Old 11-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

The clunking is probably normal transmission slack in most cases guys. It's normal. The whining is normal too from straight cut transmission gears. Yes, these things are somewhat annoying, but normal. Have fun.

I am thinking about the Outlander as a second quad because of the superior suspension set up.
I wanted one that has a super smoothe ride for the days where I don't want to feel any bumps. Can you guys comment on the ride vs other quads you have or have ridden. All details are appreciated.

Old 11-02-2003, 03:03 PM
ML
Weekend Warrior

Jeff, the ride is as advertised, extremly smooth for a four wheeler. The unique rear-end suspension and the vesco-lock front drive are the two best features of this unit. I'm surpised that one of the other manufacture did not think of the swing-arm suspension before Bombardier. Very simple and few moving parts. ML

Old 11-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I find that my outland max rides very well. Others have remarked how smooth it is. I believe the ride is second to none. My wife and I have gone on 4 hours rides and we are both comfortable for the whole trip.

Old 11-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry about that empty message. I was having finger trouble.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply: Any Outlander 400HO Owners Out There?