CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

!!! WARNING !!! Apple Pie !!! WARNING !!!

Old 09-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!! WARNING !!! Apple Pie !!! WARNING !!!

Here you go guys. This recipe was given to me by an old friend who was a "Mountain Man". This is what they swilled from their little brown jugs at the Rendezvous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Please be careful with this stuff ----- no really be careful !!! Don't be driving or riding after knocking back a couple of cups of this. Don't let your buddies drive either.

1 gallon apple juice (get one in a glass jug)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
7-8 whole cloves
4-5 sticks of cinnamon (entire small spice jar - whole sticks not ground )
1 5th grain alcohol (it's called Everclear in our part of the country- you know the 180 proof stuff )

1) pour 1/2 gallon apple juice into a large pan and save the rest in another container.
2) add brown sugar, honey, cloves and cinnamon to the juice in the pan.
3) heat on medium until slowly rolling, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) set aside for 30 minutes or until cool enough to touch the pan comfortably (you don't want to evaporate the alcohol!).
5) remove cloves and cinnamon sticks (you can strain the liquid as you do step 6 or just take them out with a spoon).
6) pour the cooked juice back into the gallon jug.
7) pour full 5th Everclear into the gallon jug.
8) top off jug with the rest of apple juice that you saved in step one.
9) put in the frige until chilled and enjoy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] DO NOT EXPOSE TO OPEN FLAME

Old 09-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Everclear!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] We call that puregrain in our part of the country. A little of that goes a LONG way.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you!

Old 09-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

a little of that did go a long ways , it was the guys having it that didn't get far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Thats some good stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My roomate has a whole gallon of everclear sitting in the cabinet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Ron.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

YEA BUDDY IM HEAR TO TELL YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

After my weekend I need me sum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Range Rover

Thank You for the receipe. I'm going to make some for next weekend, not as if I didn't have enough of it last weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Thanks for allowing us to have such a good time on Saturday night, but Sunday some of us were hurting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Capewindy
Here you go guys. This recipe was given to me by an old friend who was a "Mountain Man". This is what they swilled from their little brown jugs at the Rendezvous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Please be careful with this stuff ----- no really be careful !!! Don't be driving or riding after knocking back a couple of cups of this. Don't let your buddies drive either.

1 gallon apple juice (get one in a glass jug)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
7-8 whole cloves
4-5 sticks of cinnamon (entire small spice jar - whole sticks not ground )
1 5th grain alcohol (it's called Everclear in our part of the country- you know the 180 proof stuff )

1) pour 1/2 gallon apple juice into a large pan and save the rest in another container.
2) add brown sugar, honey, cloves and cinnamon to the juice in the pan.
3) heat on medium until slowly rolling, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) set aside for 30 minutes or until cool enough to touch the pan comfortably (you don't want to evaporate the alcohol!).
5) remove cloves and cinnamon sticks (you can strain the liquid as you do step 6 or just take them out with a spoon).
6) pour the cooked juice back into the gallon jug.
7) pour full 5th Everclear into the gallon jug.
8) top off jug with the rest of apple juice that you saved in step one.
9) put in the frige until chilled and enjoy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] DO NOT EXPOSE TO OPEN FLAME
the "mountain man" wasnt from vernonia was he? he had gallons of that stuff in the back of his pickup.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the recipe. I will have to make up a batch for my buddies to try. That is some good stuff but wow what a kick.

Thanks again for letting me ride the 730 I was really impressed with the performance and might start thinking about one for net year. The only thing that is stoping me it the boondocker NOS kit that was on 650viper's bike. That was imperessive as well and quite a bit less money. Anyways thanks for the oysters and allowing us to raise some h#ll in your camp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: !!! WARNING !!! Apple Pie !!! WARNING !!!