CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds650 no spark....getting frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 no spark....getting frustrated

ok well the last time i took out my quad it was running great all the way up until it just turn off to never start again.now ive checked all the grounds. there all good . ive checked the cdi its good . i even went and bought a new one just to make sure that wasnt the problem . so then i tought it might be the magneto pick up coil . because its saposed to be 0.7 volts comming from the pick up to the cdi . but its only 0.3 volts comming out and my father is an electronic genius so he made me an amplifier to get the signal up to the 0.7 volts . but the amplifier was a no go . so i have no clue what to do anymore. and when i turn the key to the on position it lets out 1 single spark and when i let go of the start button it also lets out 1 single spark no matter what position the mag is at ... im very confused and everyone that tryes to help me is also confused ... pls i need help bad

Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

This might seem pretty simple, but it might still be in gear and you might have to pull in the clutch, but then again it might not be that easy so here are some other things to look for....Well how good is your battery?...If both coils are fine and the cdi then I would say you are having a problem with the recifier or the sprag clutch...Check all of them and if you still aren't getting any response try new spark plugs and I would then go and see if you are shorting anything out...If you hear a buzz sound from the back of the quad that means you are frying your cdi from a bad ground...If you still can't get it I would say try and see if any wires came loose from the console or if you are getting any signal abd check your killswitch panel on the handlebars.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

well it defently isnt in gear . the neutral light is on . my celenoid is not making any noise . my battery is perfect.all the wires are connected securly. and how would i go about testing the rectifier. and why would my voltage comming from my magneto be so low.. its only at 0.3 when the 90$ repair manual is telling me it should be at 0.7 .... so i dont really know what to think . .... the kill switch works because when i turn the key it lets out a spark . but when the kill switch is on it doesnt let out that spark ... but i will take the kill switch out of the circut and see what happens . but until then pls help me find things to test.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Mitch I read your post twice because I don't want to insult you by suggesting to look at the fuses under the seat....you didn't mention that you check the fuse so I'll suggest

Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

im preaty sure my dad checked that . but where exactly under the seat are they ill check myself tommorow and let you know

Old 04-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Take the seat off and they should be right in front of your air box, I had this happen to me once when I was out 10 or so miles, lucky for me there was a friend of mine with me that had a spare.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

yeah that is lucky i was completly alone about 3 miles in the bush , and didnt wanna leave my baby out there so i pushed it back took me a few hours and alot a sweat ....

Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You pushed that heavy beast 3 miles! Dude you are the man. Anyway did you by chance check the fuses?

Old 04-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

no im ganna check them tommorow sometime . its 11pm over here and im preaty tired

Old 04-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] gotcha, good luck tommorrow

Quick Reply: ds650 no spark....getting frustrated