CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where I have been?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where I have been?

Well guys it has been several months since I posted and I just wanted to let you know what I have been up to. I was recently diagnosed with a blood clot in my heart. About 5 weeks ago i was sent to San Fransisco for emergency open heart surgery to remove the clot and fix the irregular heartbeat that caused it. Well as you can see I made it through and am healing well. It has been a slow and painful process but my prognosis is great. I can start riding in mid December and I can't wait. I hope to be back on the forums going forward as well. No need to right I know you are all there in spirit!
BTW I promised my self a new quad if I survived this and I just got it yesterday. Outlaw 525 and I can'twait to ride it.
Cam

Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hope all goes well, welcome back and here's to quick healing[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Welcome back. I hope you have not only a speedy recovery but also a PROPER recovery. From a fellow duner who has also been split down the middle like a Christmas turkey I can tell you from very ignorant experience to make sure you are healed before you hop back on your bike. Having open heart surgery on Dec 4th and then taking the kids out to ride their new quads on Christmas day was probably the dumbest effin' thing I've ever done in my life. Thinking I was a hard core Marine and still kidding myself that I was invincable, even after a stroke in June prior to, I figured a nice slow little putt around our local dunes couldn't hurt anything. Wrong! Seven years later I still have issues with the sternum not healing properly.
Trust me on this, let your body heal PROPERLY before you do anything strenuous.

So how did you like coming back around with that damned garden hose down your throat??? Get well Cam

Old 11-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to here that all is well. Sounds like it has been a tough long road for ya. Hope that new quad makes for a fast recovery.

Later
Bryan

Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome back and hope you get back out soon. But not too soon.

Ace, never had the procedure either of you guys have, but have woke up and it was the hose in the other end that I found more disconcerting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

glad to here you are ok PS you will love the 525 did you get the IRS or S

Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys thanx for the thoughts! I am feeling better everyday, just got clearance to drive a car again. I will be going back to work in a couple of weeks which I kinda am looking forward to. (weird huh)
Ace, I am being very careful not to push my recovery as several people have told me horror stories about trying to do stuff too soon and paying for it for a long time . Thanx for your concern!
Anyway, I am excited to start getting the 525 IRS ready to ride and was wondering where to get accessories for it. CALDS650 your Outlaw looks sick, where are you finding that stuff? How is it in the dunes compared to the DS?

Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Rath racing for the bumper and nerf bars HID Baja Design custom made mounting bracket for HID. In the dunes just as good as the DS but lighter Get front sand tires The IRS will push in the Turns with out them.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, thanks for the info. Where did you find the tires/rims and what offset did you go with?

Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

fronts 22x8x10 STU Razor back on 4x3 wheels Rear 21x12x10 STU Sand Skate comp cut on custom ordered DWT 6.5X3