CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Has anyone ever been here???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever been here???

Definitely desert tires. Afton Canyon is a cool ride. Be careful on your way out there, the road to get out there SUCKS. Had some friends get their trailers stuck, another one ended up bending the frame on his. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Thanks Buggs, been talking to a guy on another forum who goes there quite a bit. He's going to come out Saturday and give us the grand tour. Afton Canyon and all. Looks like some water crossings involved so I'll have to be careful with the air intake.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Watch out for the water crossing when you leave Afton Canyon campground towards the canyon itself. It was over the top of the tires at the shallow part of the crossing, which is on the right side as you leave the campground. It is very deceptive as the rest of the creek is only a few inches deep anywhere else. They have put poles and cables at the crossing so therre is only one way and it really seems like someone has intentionally dug up that section to make it hard to cross, When we were there a few people that appeared to be 'greenies' were taking pictures of the people crossing the creek. I had to tow a little Popo thru and the little ol lady on the quad was having a fit. Her hubby went thru first and got a little wet. LOL. Have fun and if you are a rock hound look around. There is an abundance of rose quartz all along the canyon. Have fun.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

Thanks Buggs, been talking to a guy on another forum who goes there quite a bit. He's going to come out Saturday and give us the grand tour. Afton Canyon and all. Looks like some water crossings involved so I'll have to be careful with the air intake.</end quote></div>

Yeah my buddy race through there in the "shallow" part on his rappy and sucked a ton of water into the intake. We had that thing up on its tail, and trying every trick we could think of.... ended up getting towed back to camp by a rhino

Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Dang Vic, when i saw the title of your post I was hopping it would be Coral Pink.....head a little further north a I'll show you around down there for sure!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Hey Nate, I'm trying to schedule a Coral Pink trip when Hightower and his group head out here. I think it's in May. They're heading up to Little Sahara afterwards and I would LOVE to go there again. Having to save up some leave for the St. A's DS Days so I may not be able to squeeze both in. Working alot of overtime as comp to pad the balance.
We'll get up there someday.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes they are headed up in May, I know they will be at LS on the 14th until the 18th and I think they want to go to Coral Pink before that. We will be there on the 15th-18th hope to see ya there.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Coral Pink in May....St.Ann's in Fall Sounds good to me!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So how about LS, You gonna be there?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

We can probably make that happen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]