CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds650 wiring harness (confused)

Old 06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 wiring harness (confused)

i got a 2000 ds650 i just recently over hauled it and i need to know where to find picture intructions on the proper way to install the wiring harness .. the previous owner did a horible job with the wiring . its a mess . so if anyone knows where to find pictures or step by step intructions on the best way to route the wiring harness trew the frame

Old 06-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

when u lay the harness down on the quad usually they are so worn in u can see where the bends are, and since its a 2000 it should be easy to notice the bend/stretch marks, but if you goto bikebandit.com u can see a blueprint style, but if u want to send me ur email i can get pics of what the wiring looks like on my quad

Old 06-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

i just redid my harness. WHAT A PAIN!!!!!!! it will NEVER go back exactly like it was from the factory, but you can get pretty close. the harness starts at the battery and then crosses over under the seat. most of the harness will go here, you will have a thin section that holds the thermostat wireing & the neutral wire that runs forward on the battery side. everything else goes up the other side includeing the sectin for the lights, coils and dash. hope this helps a little. good luck & TAKE YOUR TIME if you hurry through it you will have to do it over. also check the fit of your tank, seat , facia as you go so everything clears. some areas up front look like the harness will not go through the opening in the frame but if you take your time it will.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

wiring harnesses are soo damn confusing !!! lol ... but this forum helps so much

Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

problem solved . . thnx

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

well im having problems with my ds 650, so I had my 2001 ds 650 running like a charm, then i decided to strip my ds 650 and paint the frame, so i stripped my ds 650 and painted the frame and i put everything back together and when i went to turn my key on my ds 650 there was no power at all no lights came on no sign of power what so ever until i crossed the selenoid with a screw driver and my ds 650 would turn over, but when i turn the key its almost like there was no wiring harness on my ds at all, i clean all my battery hook ups and ends and i checked all my wiring the best i could and i also grinded down to metal for my ground wire. im not sure where the other part of my ground wire goes from the frame, i need aloot of suggestions to see why my bike has not electrical power at all. If someone could help that would be great, need help ASAP!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Ground is a good start. Fuses. Neutral indicator wire, yellow wire to small screw in front of and under the counter drive sprocket. Is your green light on? Does it do anything different when you pull in the clutch lever?

Welcome to the forums.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

No my light does not come one when i turn my key but my four wheeler is at my buddies at the moment and im going back to get itso stay in touch please keep me updated and ill let you know on this discution when i have my ds 650 so just keep in touch with this forum ill be getting my DS 650 in a week or two keep in touch thanks
PS i really need help with my atv ive been trying to fix it for a year now.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

We'll get you up and running. Where are you located?

Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

im located in ottawa ontario and where are you located?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ds650 wiring harness (confused)