CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My DS870; powered by Mr. Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a modular set up? Like could you switch between it being a hillshooter and a 300 Fter?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Originally Posted by scrambler400enoge
Is it a modular set up? Like could you switch between it being a hillshooter and a 300 Fter?
Yes, I switch the setups out for both the hill and 300ft.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Goodsound
I think youll find that at this level of racing, alot of people dont like to give out certain numbers. I dont like to give my numbers either. The reason is, there is maybe 10 bikes in the nation that fit in the same league as this bike, and everyone is looking for an edge. If everyone knows everything about the fastest bike, then they know the numbers they need to achieve or beat. Its nothing personal, especially towards you. But there are lots of eyes watching these forums, and waiting for someone to slip LOL. I think Taylor answered your question as honest and professional as possible. The absolute best thing you could do if you want a motor like this is call Mr Horsepower. I hope this clears it up a little.

I run the same fuel for motor and nitrous. Sunoco.
Thanks goodsound for the info. i had no idea that everything is so top sercet about these bikes is all of the ten bikes that you are talking about in the nation all have MRhp motors builds on them? I do ask lots of ? don't I

Old 08-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

70% of them do.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Forcefed
70% of them do.
what kind of builds to some of the others have do they compare to H.P. and weight and cc wise, or different alll the way. Because this guy says his is the lightest on the planet that could be a big factor in it running so good are there a weight limit on this bikes on not do they do like a fuel check for some of the motor class but i guess that is just for allky/nitro not for all the race gas add. that you can get i had a buddy one time that had a rc car and it ran like 10mph hour faster on some kind of power mist fuel add. than the nitro that they sell for them. thanks for the info again.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

There are a few 855's a couple 870's and some 800's. There are only a few that are in custom rigid chassis, so they a lighter than the oem bikes.

As for power they all put out a ton. i remember seeing a dyno sheet from back in 05-06 on an 800cc build and it put out around 80hp to the wheels, so add 3 years of r&d and you
can only dream of what they are making now.

Depending the race they go to im pretty sure they have restrictions on the fuel. an example would be in a non power adder class they wouldnt let u run nitro. and in FSA some classes require everyone to use the same fuel.

as for weight limit...some places might throw in a "sumo" class to even the playing field and make a minimum weight for bike and rider. other than that that the lighter the better...

Old 08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OverRaTeD
Wow, thanks that is great. I will keep updating this thread as we take it out and dial it in and run it. I still have the nitrous system to install and run, plus next season it will have another motor and even more n/a power.

I see your in Landrum, beautiful area. I lived in Greenville for several years and also lived in Landrum....Gowensville actually, up on the hill on Pleasant Hill road. Loved it there.

414 is a great area, I ride the Harley through there often taking short cuts to 101. Its great bike riding country.

Yes keep this thread updated.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Range Rover

Hey, how much was your swingarm, and where did you purchas it?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Tim at K & Q Fabrication built it. I'll let him quote you a price, because I really dont know what a typical swinger runs--- this one I had him build it to my specs which are very different than the DS swinger.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Man how fast does it go? you got in on the road with somebody in a truck next to you?

HA I hope you remember that conversation. I havent given up on the 660 just yet...

Quick Reply: My DS870; powered by Mr. Horsepower