CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.
View Poll Results: Outlander DPS issues- select year.
DPS Issue 2010
0%
DPS Issue 2011
66.67%
DPS Issue 2012
33.33%
DPS Issue 2013
0%
DPS Issue other years
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

DPS issues on new outlanders- Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

two recalls for the 2010 / 2011 DPS systems-

MY 2010 Outlander and Renegade ATV models equiped... | Can-Am USA

MY 2010-2011 Outlander and Renegade ATV models... | Can-Am USA

it would appear that my dps was shorting out causing it to pull to the right (not left)
mentioned in the first recall. The second recall issue was performed before I bought it.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertViper
I have no doubt my dealer is ripping me off on service fees, but the next closest Can Am dealer is 104 miles away. Part of the money they charged me on the 2010 Renegade was $22 they charged to reset the "SERVICE REQUIRED" display on the dash. I think its kind of rediculous to charge money to reset that dash display. Its even more rediculous for Can Am not to have a way for the owner to reset it.

My 2012 Outlander is going to be sold after I get it back from the shop with a new power steering unit. I never have really liked that ATV; it is too expensive, too big, too heavy, too tall, too tippy, doesn't handle well, and is a major pain in the *** to work on. Everything is covered in plastic with the new G2 Outlanders, and the plastic is hard to remove to work on the ATV. It is by far the most difficult to work on ATV I've ever owned, and it is unreliable. It only has 250 miles on it and it needs a $1500 repair. It goes out of warranty in two months, so it is being sold. Plus, the Outlander 1000 is really just a spare ATV for me. My main ATV is the Renegade 1000 (that has a three year warranty), and the Renegade 800 is my wife's ATV. The Outlander is for my kid to ride if he goes with us, or for the brother in law, or a guest to ride. A spare ATV doesn't need to be as big and powerful as an Outlander 1000, but it should be reliable and not cost me more money every time its used. I'm working a deal with the local Yamaha dealer to trade it on a 2013 Grizzly 700. The dealer is still working on a price for me, so we'll see how it goes.

For reference I'v got almost 2800 miles on my 2012 700 Grizzly with no power steering problems infact I'v had no problems at all I'll do 4000 miles this year easy

Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

For reference I'v got almost 2800 miles on my 2012 700 Grizzly with no power steering problems infact I'v had no problems at all I'll do 4000 miles this year easy

hmm- I wonder how many other atvs are out there with no problems.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

getting back to the topic-

I started this thread over at can-am and have 13 can-am's with dps issues so far.
pretty amazing.

can-am dealers must be getting slammed with this issue.

I'm starting to think one of the reasons why can-am gave me a 2 year BEST warranty for free when I bought my outty was because of known issues with these dps systems

still- if that's the case, at least they are taking care of business-

Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

16 can-am's polled in with dps issues at the other site so far!

dealer got my new dps unit in late today- said he hopes to have it finished sometime tomorrow-

I hope.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

called the dealer today... said the motor never arrived in last weeks shipment.
still waiting for the dps motor from the factory

will be 3 weeks on thursday.

the service dept manager feels bad- said he doesn't understand what the hold up is.

I'm wondering how backed up can-am must be with failing dps motors if it's taking over 3 weeks to send a flipping dps motor a few states over for a warranty issue -

poll is at 20 so far over at the can-am site

wonder how long before they issue a 3rd dps recall for the 2010 / 2011 dps motors- this time for overheating issues......?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Some fun miles up in Jackman, ME and still no problems with the DPS even after some 100 mile days that were pretty hot out.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:58 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Some fun miles up in Jackman, ME and still no problems with the DPS even after some 100 mile days that were pretty hot out.

awesome!

higgs called me today and left a message- said they hope to have the motor in by tuesday- said they've been calling can-am every few days.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
awesome!

higgs called me today and left a message- said they hope to have the motor in by tuesday- said they've been calling can-am every few days.
Gotta clean my quad up for its first service. Very dusty up there. The beaver pond you and Wilson drove through NE of Jackman is dry as a bone. Got one soaker for about a 1/2 hour that made the trails a little better the day after.

Not much wildlife out. Some summer colored snowshoe hares, one moose, one deer, fisher cat, and a bunch of blue heron.

Taught some young guys how to ride and they caught on well. Wish I could just go up there and stay someday.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned both a 2010 Can Am 800XT Max and now the 2012 Outlander 1000XT, and knock on wood, never had an issue with the DPS. The only issue I have had on the 1000 was a sticky brake switch that was covered under warrantee, and a rattling exhaust heat shield, which I think I fixed over the weekend.

Quick Reply: DPS issues on new outlanders- Poll