CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Brp warranties

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brp warranties

I have owned a 2015 Can am Outlander since August 2014!
I bought this thinking the cost must be worth the quality of the four wheeler and thinking the parent company BRP would stand behind their product! Boy I was sure wrong! My machine has been back to the dealer at least 4 times and sat in the garage for over 6 weeks! First was electrical problem w ignition, then the power steering warning light came on back to the shop! Then the fuel light kept coming on and I couldn't get more than 3 gallons of gas in the machine. Took it back again. Now the latest in four wheel drive making grinding noise going down hill and then no shifting at all locked up! Back to the dealer again! The dealer wrapped it apart and said at least one gear broke and not sure about transmission! Must send pictures to BRP! Well let me set the record! Dealer has been great to deal with, that said BRP absolutely NOT! They have been impossible to deal with! They will not cover under warranty driver error they say! That's a bunch of bull crap! I have babied this machine since I bought it! I spoke to Damian the top dog I'm being told and he would not budge on the refusal of the claim! I am so dissatisfied in Can Am I could scream! Please anyone out there that has any suggestions?

Old 02-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Maybe tell them you're contacting the Better Business Bureau. If that doesn't move them, maybe a lawyer will.

I think, at this point, I'd demand them to take it back. It sounds like a lemon. I had a couple minor issues when I bought mine. They were handled quickly by the dealer. Not sure if they contacted the company or not. Ours have been very good as well as friends' machines. Doesn't help you but it makes me think you got a lemon.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's horrible but sadly I'm not surprised. I've heard bad things about Can-Am owning up to fixing their defective units. Anytime they can blame the owner for a problem, they will. Unfortunately, that's why they're called limited warranties. If they deem it owner abuse, they won't fix it. In this case, they can't truthfully say that, you clearly did nothing abusive to the atv. It sounds like this unit is a complete p.o.s. and they should either replace it or refund your money. It sounds like they're going to fight you because they feel like they can bully you. Its unfortunate they feel that way. If they had handled it better, they might not have lost you as customer. Ill remember this if I ever decide to buy a new Can-Am, I'll quickly forget about it and buy something else.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yep, it's the most idiotic way to do business when someone has a brand new quad and has problems to not fix it. It gets to the point where the buyer won't buy another of that brand because of the way he/she is treated by the company. Bad dealings with Ford and GMC left me with a bad taste in my mouth and a solemn oath not to buy another vehicle from those brands ever again. I buy a truck every 6 years or so. Probably about 4 more over the rest of my life. None will be either of those companies. I'd feel the same way if I had the issues Jphelps is having with Can-Am

Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully they will at least make it right one way or the other. At this point, with all the problems this brand new machine has had, I would have zero confidence in any sort of long term reliability. The right thing to do would be for Can-am to buy it back and refund the full purchase price and apologize for their inferior quality and reliability. That will never happen, but some sort of financial compensation should be mutually agreed upon. Even if they buy it back as one year old used machine, just like the insurance company would if you had wrecked it. That's probably the best he can hope for at this point. Give him maximum retail value of a one-year old machine so they can't sell it and make a profit off of his headaches.