CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 CDI, how to wire to harness.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS650 CDI, how to wire to harness.

I have a Can-AM Bombardier DS650 that I bought from some redneck that has chopped the CDI module connector off AND the harness side connector off. I don't have a clue what wire from the harness goes to what wire on the CDI box because they are colored different!

The Denso CDI box has Black, Red, Blue, Orange and White. But the harness is Black, Black, Black with white stripe, Black with yellow stripe, and red with violet stripe. So can someone tear into their 650DS and PLEASE tell me what color goes to what? Thanks!!!!

Old 02-26-2017, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Super33
I have a Can-AM Bombardier DS650 that I bought from some redneck that has chopped the CDI module connector off AND the harness side connector off. I don't have a clue what wire from the harness goes to what wire on the CDI box because they are colored different!

The Denso CDI box has Black, Red, Blue, Orange and White. But the harness is Black, Black, Black with white stripe, Black with yellow stripe, and red with violet stripe. So can someone tear into their 650DS and PLEASE tell me what color goes to what? Thanks!!!!
Check out the wiring diagram. It gives wire colors as well as where it matches into your CDI. I'll look on my quad later if it stops raining and take a pic.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...age=247#manual

Old 02-26-2017, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

Tried to take a pic for you but it's buried. Tried to remove the connector but my desert tank is blocking it from coming off. Sorry.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MPDano
Check out the wiring diagram. It gives wire colors as well as where it matches into your CDI. I'll look on my quad later if it stops raining and take a pic.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...age=247#manual
The problem is the manual is only showing you harness side colors. The CDI module is not colored the same as mentioned above. They don't expect an idiot to cut the CDI side's connector off since you can just plug in a new CDI module to the harness connector, not splice one in. Thanks a lot for the help. Can't wait. You may just save the day for me.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

I see a lot of cdi's on ebay. You can use the color coding from the pics. You still need the colors to the pinout connector on the harness side.

Attached Thumbnails DS650 CDI, how to wire to harness.-cdi1.jpg  
Old 02-26-2017, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MPDano
I see a lot of cdi's on ebay. You can use the color coding from the pics. You still need the colors to the pinout connector on the harness side.

That is why I'm waiting on someone to take pics of the connection from CDI to harness connector back sides. Then I will be able to match colors from CDI to colors to harness.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help

Originally Posted by Super33
That is why I'm waiting on someone to take pics of the connection from CDI to harness connector back sides. Then I will be able to match colors from CDI to colors to harness.
did you manage to connect it, I have the same issue 😞