1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Hensim 250-No electrical power?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, results are in.......

Ign switch was coroded internally. Red/black side was working, however the grn/black&wht side was also rusted together, thus enabling the kill circuit.

Cut the wires on switch, crossed the red/blk, left grn/blk&wht open, had intermittent power to entire bike,wtf?

Searched harness, from switch to battery, found a pin in a connector under the tank, leading to cdi had one of the pins backed out of the connector. Snapped it back in, viola~ all is well!

Now, where can I find a good quality 4-wire ign. switch to replace the toggle switch I rigged in?

Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDartMike
...Now, where can I find a good quality 4-wire ign. switch to replace the toggle switch I rigged in?
Good Quality? Hmmm... Now that's a tough one...

But fortunately these things are really inexpensive. Even if you have to try a couple of different sources before finding a good one it isn't that big of a deal.

For example I searched for "ATV Ignition Switch 4 wire" on eBay:

ATV ignition switch,4 wires,4 pins female,plug on body. | eBay

It even says this switch "fits on almost ATV" in the description. How could you go wrong with that? Actually their feedback rating is really good, so I think they are probably fine.

There are lots of on line sources as well if you want to search with google.

If you do get another bad switch (unlikely, but possible) don't buy any more from the same source. They may have thousands of them they are trying to unload. Get it from somewhere else for better odds...

Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Good Quality? Hmmm... Now that's a tough one...

But fortunately these things are really inexpensive. Even if you have to try a couple of different sources before finding a good one it isn't that big of a deal.

For example I searched for "ATV Ignition Switch 4 wire" on eBay:

ATV ignition switch,4 wires,4 pins female,plug on body. | eBay

It even says this switch "fits on almost ATV" in the description. How could you go wrong with that? Actually their feedback rating is really good, so I think they are probably fine.

There are lots of on line sources as well if you want to search with google.

If you do get another bad switch (unlikely, but possible) don't buy any more from the same source. They may have thousands of them they are trying to unload. Get it from somewhere else for better odds...

Thanks Lynn, I was hoping to find a switch thats "servicable" ie; being able to take it apart to clean contacts without ruining it?