1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Hensim 250cc ATV Wiring Diagram

Old 03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hensim 250cc ATV Wiring Diagram

Hi. I recently acquired a 2008 Hensim 250cc (I was told it was a 2008...), not too sure of the specific model. Everything looks good on it except for the wiring. The wiring is a hot mess. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this ATV? I tried to find a actual wiring harness for it, but that seemed almost impossible. So I will have to rewire it by hand, provided I can get the proper schematic.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by keesh7663
Hi. I recently acquired a 2008 Hensim 250cc (I was told it was a 2008...), not too sure of the specific model. Everything looks good on it except for the wiring. The wiring is a hot mess. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this ATV? I tried to find a actual wiring harness for it, but that seemed almost impossible. So I will have to rewire it by hand, provided I can get the proper schematic.
Rewiring by hand is a big project. Almost always it is easier to fix the existing harness.

I've never seen a wiring diagram for a hensim 250cc quad. I have a hensim 150cc quad (also 2008) with a GY6 engine. I couldn't find a wiring diagram for mine either so I traced out the entire quad wiring. It's really not that hard if your quad is working and everything is hooked up when you start tracing it out.

So what kind of problems are you having? Does the starter motor crank? I would get this far first so that you can measure engine compression. That way you can see if the engine is salvagable or not. Then get spark working, then get the charging system working, etc. One step at a time... But first we need to know where to start...

Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine is in fantastic shape. I am under the impression that this quad was hardly driven due to the good nature of the engine. The previous owner (and the reason I acquired it for under $100) started having issues with the electrical system and decided to tackle the problem on his own. After doing a lot of research about Hensim quads, I have found that they are not the best built machines available, so this doesn't surprise me.

But, needless to say the traditional wiring harness (split tubing, everything connected to where it needs to be connected with the proper connectors) has been ransacked. Imagine the pile of wires that collects dust behind your entertainment system and that's what I have to work with. I can post a picture of it tomorrow as it's quite late where I am now. But I assure you it's rough looking.

And I printed out your diagram for the 150cc GY6 and it is very similar to what I have to work with, but I still have 2 connectors that I am unsure where they go.

If you know of somewhere I can go or a place I can contact to acquire a new harness, that would be great (not to mention a HUGE time saver). But I have scoured the interweb high and low trying to find one with no success. Hence why I have a feeling I may have to do this by hand.....

Old 03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd like to see the photos. I am pretty sure you cannot post any pictures by uploading them directly to this site untill you've made like 25 posts or so. It is an anti spam safeguard. But you can make a free account at photobucket or other picture hosting service and paste the "img" links directly into your post here.

I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that hensim is out of business. So a wiring harness may be hard to come by.

You may be stuck with some hand wiring, but I would sincerely hope not the whole thing. I would still use every effort to use what existing wiring works as much as possible and then repair that which doesn't work. As I said before you can divide this down into smaller tasks ansd tackle them one by one.

It takes a lot of wires to make a quad run....