1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma dingo 250 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma dingo 250 problem

okay i got a kazuma dingo 250. ehmm it doesnt have starter button just live wire and earth so that starts it but when you take the wires away from each other like the switch would do it just dies and not power goes to the coil and i have no idea why this happening cause it does start but when you take the wires apart it dies and if you dont the starter motor just keeps turning. would appreciate any help anyone can give. cheers sam

Old 03-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Range Rover

Ok, this is how I understand the problem the way you described it. The start button is missing and you only have 2 wires that are loose probably near where the button went.
If I understood correctly this one has me puzzled. The start button should have nothing to do with the engine firing. Only thing I can come up with is the bike has a DC cdi box and PO did some wiring on his own and somehow he wired the power supply to the cdi to the power supply going to the solenoid. If I'm not understanding the problem correctly and there is more than 2 wires, my old kazuma had the kill switch and start button in the same housing and if the whole thing is missing and there are more than 2 wires then we have a starting point. Also if the wires are on the key switch we kave a starting point, but as I understand the problem I'm lost.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

cheers for your help still nothing think it might be something with the stator i am running out of ideas and i dont know what to do any suggestions ?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sam2hi
cheers for your help still nothing think it might be something with the stator i am running out of ideas and i dont know what to do any suggestions ?
stator is alternator. what's wrong with that now? quit throwing parts/money at it. i'm not fully understanding what the problem is either. please start over and use punctuation. thanks. we'll help you.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

okay well when i put the two wires together that start it ( the live to the earth) there the ones which are suppose to be the eletric start button and it goes but then when you split the wire it dies.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

let me find a wiring diagram. i know you're calling earth the ground, right? to me, that's not making sense that it's a ground. the start button should only complete the circuit to send voltage to the solenoid to spin the starter. let me do some looking and i'll get back with you asap unless someone else beats me to it.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

I am guessing what the op is calling the positive and negative wires are actually part of the loop of the starter sequence. heres a makeshift flow chart of the starting pricess with the start button

wire from battery>ignition>start button input>press start button>power goes to output of start button> completes the circuit down to the solenoid

Old 11-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

fixed it. it was a bare wire inside the engine earthing it out. now i have a problem with starting it. i put the starter back in and it wont turn the engine over it trys but only gets one or two revelotuins then clicking but i thought it was the battery so hooked it up to the car and tryed but it only went round once or twice. so im wondering if the starter is needing replaced ? any help would be appreciated and also the starter turns over fine if i take the plug out revealing it of compression so not sure if there is too much compression.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

did you charge the battery after all of this? try jumping the battery with your car. Just sounds like a week battery and the starter cannot turn once the engine has compression