1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

i need help with my yamoto 110cc dose not start

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help with my yamoto 110cc dose not start

110cc yamoto dose not have spark and the electric start button dose not work at all plz help!!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

please tell us how you know it doesn't have spark but yet won't turn over/crank? did you jump the solenoid? here's a list of things to check and try:
battery voltage? what is it before cranking, during cranking, after cranking?
is your left handlebar brake lever applied? is the brake light illuminated? the brake switch is probably a safety interlock that must be satisfied for the engine/starter to crank. make sure you have DOT 4 brake fluid in the reservoir.
does it crank?
is it getting fuel to the spark plug?
if it cranks, check for spark. don't shock yourself.

report back.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just bought a new battery 12v turned the key on i pulled in the rear brake and the foot brake and i put the start switch to run and then i pushed the start button and dose not even crank or anything then i shut it off then i unscrewed the spark plug then put it in the spark plug boot and grounded it to the head of the motor and turned the key on and pushed the start button in and did not do anything it has drum brakes not hydraulic brakes the lights work

Old 08-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes it is getting fuel to the spark plug and i dont know about the back tail light is broke

Old 08-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

right now, i really don't care about the tail light illuminating. i'm after the brake switch working. you got a voltmeter/ohm meter? a cheap one will work for now. if you can't crank the starter to turn the engine, then you won't have spark generation. SO, turn the key to the "ON" position, set the parking brakes so it won't roll anywhere in case it starts by doing the next step.......take a screwdriver, touch both posts together on the solenoid with the screwdriver...did the starter crank? if so, then you need to trace the wiring back to/from the start button. so you don't have a small black box with a porthole/sightglass on the left handlebar lever? i would think it should. in that area of the lever, you should see an actuating piston, then 2 wires coming out of that. THAT, is your brake switch. here's a pic of a replacement lever/reservoir for your yamoto quad.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

it's been my experience that when all is quiet and you stroke the lever as if to engage the brakes, i can hear a faint "tink". then i know the switch is working. besides, fix your taillight and that'll help you unless you test the switch. is it just a bulb replacement? anyways, report back.