1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help with A kAZUMA 250

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with A kAZUMA 250

I hope I can get some help here. I am working on a Kazuma 250 quad my son bought as a basket case. Got most of everything together. I am having a hard time getting the engine to fire. It turns over, has compression, and I have seen spark from the spark pug several times that I tested for spark. I sprayed starting fluid in the carb and directly in the cylinder and not even a burp. I checked the plug and it was dry.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had one that done the same thing I cleaned the carb very well ran a piece of copper wire threw all the jets and also check the vacume fuel pump if applicable to make sure it's pumping fuel to your carb bowl. The problem you maybe having with the dry plug is most of those carbs have a butterfly and a plunger the butterfly flap opens with the cable the plunger works on vacum so when you spray starting fluid in its hitting the plunger and not making it all the way to the engine. I hope this helps you out.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I do have the carb with me and will try to clean the carb today and test it tonight. I appreciate any help and thank you for yours. I will keep you posted on my results.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you have gasoline in the float bowl? if not, clean that needle valve and seat while you're in there cleaning the jets.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I did have time to take the carb off and clean it. I had a long day at work and the carb is sitting n the work bench waiting to be put back on. There was gas in the bowl but not a lot. I did clean the needle and seat. Hope to get some time today to work on the quad.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I spent a couple of hours on the quad tonight. The bowl was full of clean gas and I held my hand in front of the air intake. When I turned the engine over I could feel the vacuum and my hand got wet from gas. The plug was still dry. I had a similar situation working on a four stroke weed eater that the timing belt slipped on. The carb blew gas out the intake. I found top dead center, replaced the belt on the weed eater and it fired right up. I just wonder if these engines are known for the timing chain slipping? Does anyone have a manual that shows you how to align the timing marks on these engines?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kazuma 250cc

hi guys i have my kazuma 250cc (the farm looking one) and i bought it off of a friend who could not work out what was wrong with it. now ive had a quick look and the carb and jets are fine and the fuel and the cdi but the bike will not run unless i hold the starter button in the run smooth and fine but when i release the button it dies help??????

Old 08-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by weenick
hi guys i have my kazuma 250cc (the farm looking one) and i bought it off of a friend who could not work out what was wrong with it. now ive had a quick look and the carb and jets are fine and the fuel and the cdi but the bike will not run unless i hold the starter button in the run smooth and fine but when i release the button it dies help??????

I wish I could get to your position. Sounds like a bad ignition switch but that is just a guess. Not having a schematic it is hard to troubleshoot these things. I did see a pinout for a cdi on here somewhere. I would check the pinout and see which voltage or pulse is missing or not getting to the cdi. It should narrow it down then. If I can find the picture I will post the link to it.

I did find the link it is on this page about four posts down. http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...di-wiring.html

Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks but all the wiring is fine i have checked over everything with a multimeter and everything seems in good nick but some one mentioned that it might be the "coil" could this be a problem ?

Old 08-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you can download the elite service manual for the honda engine kazuma cloned they show you how to check a coil and what ohm reading to get for a good coil. I really do not have much experience in atv's but I wonder if the cdi could be causing the problem? It makes no sense that the coil would work with the button pressed but not work when it isn't pressed. But then again I have no schematic to look through.

Quick Reply: Help with A kAZUMA 250