1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Chinese atv overflow from carb

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Chinese atv overflow from carb

Hi ,

i have an chinese atv and it is continiously emptying petrol though the carburetor's overflow

i have cleaned the carb and jets and ajusted the float

but still the same

Old 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

take it apart again, your needle valve is stuck open in the seat. use a QTip to clean it out and make sure there ain't nothing in it. when you put it back together and before you put the float bowl back on, stroke the float up/down and watch the needle valve go up/down to verify its proper function. if all is good, then install float bowl and go.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

and please verify you put the needle valve back in correctly

Old 09-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks, will have a look tomorrow and ill keep u informed

Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

before you start your quad, check the crankcase oil for gasoline contamination. i'm presuming your quad is a 4 stroke. we don't need to have a more combustible mixture in your crankcase ready to blow up under your seat due to lots of gasoline in your crankcase. if contaminated, just change oil. if it did get gasoline in there, it was because the float leaked by and into the cylinder and past the piston. no biggie, just get it out of there.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Before I put the bowl back on, I literally blow thru the lil tube on the carb and work the float making sure it shuts off.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

still the same,cleaned needle and its seat and still the same,wont stop overflowing with fuel till none left.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

2 things come to mind. On my carb i have a drain and no overflow that has a small screw to stop the bowl from emptying. Have you checked for this? mine is on the bottom of the bowl.. If its constantly dumping fuel your float is set wrong or is not sealing with the bowl of the carb hook it back to the fuel line and check for operation.

https://www.wickedatvs.com/pdf/ATV%2...adjustment.pdf

Old 09-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Zrock
2 things come to mind. On my carb i have a drain and no overflow that has a small screw to stop the bowl from emptying. Have you checked for this? mine is on the bottom of the bowl.. If its constantly dumping fuel your float is set wrong or is not sealing with the bowl of the carb hook it back to the fuel line and check for operation.

https://www.wickedatvs.com/pdf/ATV%2...adjustment.pdf
wow, you just confused me. if you have a screw on the bottom of the float bowl, that's the float bowl drain. that hose that comes of of that doesn't go to the fuel line. that bowl drain just goes to the ground away from the engine/heat source/exhaust. now the actual overflow is higher and just goes to the ground also. some have a "Y" connection that ties to the drain hose just to eliminate excess hose but it doesn't flow back to the bowl. maybe i'm not fully understanding what you've typed, but i have no carbs set up like that on any of my quads. please explain or post a pic as i'd like to understand this more.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

That link I posted was just for proper adjustment of the float. If float is not adjusted properly the fuel will never stop running and come out your overflow.

My carb has no overflow just a screw to drain the bowl. If you search my posts u will see a pic of my carb. The post was posted this week

Quick Reply: Chinese atv overflow from carb