1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma Meercat 50 - stalls in gear

Old 03-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Meercat 50 - stalls in gear

This thing sat for about 6 months. The gas tank had a leak, fuel petcock was leaking, fuel hose was leaking and it wouldn't start at all.

Put a new fuel tank/petcock, spark plug, replaced the fuel hose & battery. It still wouldn't start. A quick blip of starter fluid and it fired up and ran, but then died again once the starter fluid was gone.

Figuring it was a fuel delivery issue (as I opened the drain valve on the bowl and it drained fuel) I pulled the carb off. Sure enough, the small jet was plugged as well as the main jet had a pinhole. Cleaned the jets out, gave the whole carb a good cleaning and now it starts. It wasn't holding an idle, I had to keep playing with the throttle to keep it running. Once warmed up it was the same way.

I turned the screw that was off left of carb center clockwise until it stopped. I then turned it counterclockwise two full rotations. Started the quad and turned the screw that is on the center of the carb until it would hold an idle. Found it where it seemed to hold an idle with the choke off but the throttle response was poor.

I engage first gear, and it just stalls out. If I pick the rear tires up off the ground and restart the motor the tires spin when in gear.

The idle is still off somehow. I followed the 'How to adjust your carb' thread and still seem to have issues. Any suggestions on how to get this up & running? The youngest is getting a little anxious to ride now that the oldest son has a new dirt bike.