1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Blown fuse...or worse?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown fuse...or worse?

Howdy! New member here. I recently bought a gently used Roketa ATV-12 400cc 4x4 four-wheeler. Other than needing the steering shaft bushings replaced, it's in exceptional shape. However...the other night my daughter went to start it and I heard the typically tell-tale sound of a fuse popping - and the digital display went dead and there is no power anywhere (except the winch). I pulled the seat and looked at all the fuses - all were fine. I cleaned and reseated each one, still no luck. I replaced each one, still no luck. After looking with no luck, I went online to see if there is an inline fuse that I'm overlooking...but can't find anything. It's a 2006 model, I believe.

Anyone know if there is another fuse that I'm missing? Is it possibly the ignition relay, or could it be the CDI (please God, no)?

Thanks very much in advance for any and all help!

-Swash

Old 06-13-2014, 06:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

some atvs have another fuse panel under the front plastics under the headlight area. you may check there for more fuses. on your possible inline fuse, follow the positive cable in and around your battery. if it ain't right there under the seat, then look under the rear plastics along the frame where it may be zip tied to the frame. no more than 7 or 10 amp. i think 7 may be the max. not sure, but definitely no bigger than 10 amps. as far as the solenoid, if you can jump the posts and it cranks, then i'd say the solenoid is fine and your problem would be you're not getting a sufficient amount of electricity to the solenoid via your keyed ignition. make sure your battery is fully charged as you really need the 12v headed to the solenoid to turn the starter sufficiently.
i'd rule out the CDI for now. let's get it cranking before we go thinking you have no spark.