Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Thinking about a Vbike Atv

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a Vbike Atv

I have a couple things to take care of financially this year so a new Japanese quad is out.
I HAVE to have something to tool around on for a hunting lease. I'm a pretty big guy at 6' 240 lbs.

I am looking at a Vbike V4S or a 300 VM Utility quad.

I realize these aren't Japanese quality but since I don't ride them hard I thought this might be a 1-2 year answer. I somply need something to get me from the truck to the stand.

I don't want to buy used because I figure for the cost I'd be working on a used one just as much. I can spend a max of $1500. Used 5-6 year old models around here are still $2500-3000 dollars.

Any thoughts? I am not a mechanic but am am ok with parts swaps, oil changes, etc.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Range Rover

You're definitely gonna want a reliable machine considering the way you say you're gonna use it. The Japanese quads are head and shoulders above the Chinese in quality. I would find some way to get a good used Japanese machine before I would buy a new Chinese. The Japanese quads, even used, are gonna outlast a brand new Chinese quad. Plus, when it breaks, you can go to your local dealer for parts.

My 5yo son has a Chinese 110cc and it has served its purpose of getting him started, but already he is jumping it, so its days are numbered.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Orion6 welcome,
No one will argue that the Chinese bikes are as good as the major brans including those of us that own chinese bikes.I am also 46 years old and I remember back in the 70's this same spill on the japcrap.Its remarkable how history repeats itself but if you would have told me 35 years ago that people would be upholding one asian goods against another I wouldn't have belived it.
There are several people in your(our) situation where we just don't have the means to shell out the money for what we know is a better machine.Also there are those of us that don't ride everyweekend maybe just a few times a year pluse hunting season.
If you do your homework wich it looks like you are doing there are a few better produced Chines quads such as Vbike,Jetmoto and a few roketa models in my opinion.
A vbike is around 1250.00 deliverd and I will tell you as many more will it is a very very good buy.They are not the fragile machine that is stereotypically given to chines ATV's.
It is surprisingly powerfull and bult very sturdy.I am the same size you are and if you look down the threads in this forum you will see the vbike vid.
No its not designed to take 5 foot jumps but they will jump and they will give you the power you need to go just about anywhere you want.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the input guys.

I am on the fence about it.

What problems, specifically. are coming up with the Chinese quads? Loose bolts I can deal with. New battery, no prob.

My main concern would be the engine and tranny, plus it holding up to my mild riding.

ALSO!!!
Does anyone know of a rear rack that would fit the Vbike?

Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Range Rover

I'm assuming you're a hunter, so if there's any chance that you will be dragging a deer out of the woods or dragging a stand into/out of the woods, then the utility model will suit your needs more than the sport. The sport has a manual clutch, so you will have your hands full trying to pull a load with the manual clutch. The manual clutch will suck to live with if you're going to work the quad heavily. The 300VM also has more displacement, so more towing power. I don't have any experience with these quads, but I've had both sport and utility model atv's and if I was needing to get some heavy work done, I would go with the utility every time.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer

I know, I have owned utility quads in the past. I just needed something to tool around on. Others I hunt with can help with the deer.

I may just get a Big Bear 250 or Ozark. Peace of mind I guess. : )

Old 01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

welcome Orion6!! We Chinese Bike owners have all delt with the same issues you are struggling with... fear or the unknown. You have no experience with these new machines, hense the fear. The choice was very easy,$5000 for a Jap or $1000 for a Chin. My toy bidget would not let me even consider $5000 so the choice was clear.

I Have a vbike 250 and love it. I would not hesitate to go 10 miles back into the woods with it. The olny thing that I dont like about the China products is the way the welding looks. Not to say its all bad, a weld does not have to be beautiful to be strong, but I have seen some ugly welding though. I have/had 5 china made bikes/quads and have had no problems with any of them.

But let me stress on thing I consider all my stuff as toys. Not tools. If you need a tool buy one. If you want a toy consider the china rout! Chungking

Old 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer

Orion6;
The only sport atv under $1300 I would get is the V-Bike 4VS .

The only utility atv under $2000 would be a Marshin MXT 250 .

I did a lot of research and now own both . Both are sold importer direct , you must do dealer prep, setup, some assembly and minor adjustments. Just my opinion.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer

Can't find anything anywhere on the Marshin. Any links?

Thanks for the advice!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

HI Orion6. Try blueridgeglobal.com they will sell import direct. Now & then they will list on e-bay i just checked and nothing. ebay seller crazy Ed. they have a real parts site & a tech guy with 15 yrs experiance w/ yamaha, he speaks english![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The 250 is a clone 250 bear tracker, i use thier shop manual for torque specs ect. motor is built in china Jainshe/yamaha plant . i really love mine . I try to answer any q you have just ask. i also have installed a winch #3000 about $130. NO CLUCH LEVER, LET UP THROTTLE AND SHIFT. MY WHIFE CAN DRIVE IT! sorry about the caps imnew at this repair would take a while.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a Vbike Atv