Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

If you still have no spark, you need to read

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile If you still have no spark, you need to read

My kid has 110 bmx atv that he was riding all the time for three years. It eventually lost spark and it sat for 2 yrs. Over that time I have replaced many items...starter,ignition coil, cdi, magneto, handle bar assemble (starter, kill, lights), and the key switch (broken). There was still no spark. I ordered a new cdi box for that quad and finally figured out that the wiring hook up was different. I had to switch around the wiring to match the set up found on here. I still didn't have a spark. I then check the magneto output (60v). I then checked the pulse input on the cdi harness (nothing). I tracked the wire to the pulse generater that is on the outside of the magneto and unscrewed it and moved it closer. Major Spark Now!!! I hope this will help anyone else out there. I am more than happy to help anyone since I got a lot of advice and info from here. The smile on my kids face was all it took to say all that time and money was worth it. I just wish I purchased a mulitmeter before I started replacing items. FYI... The magneto purchased online only gave me 34 volts so be carefull when relaplacing them and keep all the old parts!!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for sharing. that would really help a lot.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Great post!

So I wonder if the 34 volt stator only needed to have the coil poles moved a little closer to the internal flywheel magnets? If I take a magnet and bring it close to a piece of steel at first I can control it, but as the distance gets small the magnet is suddenly ripped from my grasp and sticks to the steel plate. At close proximity very small changes in distance makes very large changes in attractive force, which would also make large changes in available generated power.

Hmmm.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:22 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum chris1234!

Great info!!! Never woulda thought of it....Any idea what the gap was when it didnt work...compared to the gap when it did work?