Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

type of oil?

Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PawPaw46
what oil is used in transmission of china EA 110?
I removed wrong plug and spring came out and no oil?
There is a fill plug on the side of the transmission what weight oil does it use?
I don't own a 110cc quad, but it seems to me that lots of 110cc owners pull out the wrong "oil drain" bolt and then ask questions. This is probably the cam chain tensioner. Just put it back in the same way it came out. If I recall correctly the bolt is 14mm instead of the real drain bolt which is 17mm.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with others 10w-30, 10w-40, 15w-40 they will all work in those things. What kills these little things is DIRTY oil. The oil gets dirty fast in dusty conditions as most of these kids Chinese atv's have cheapo air filters. Keep them clean and in good shape and you should be fine.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
I still stick by my recommendation of using oil that is NON energy conserving. Most 10w30 car oil IS energy conserving while most 10w40 IS NOT - so your best bet when looking is to check out the 10w40 weight oils.
I have found the same thing to be true..10w30 is more likely to be energy conserving...While I have used the energy conserving oil a few times (by accident not on purpose). I now only use non energy conserving...But There were no clutch or gear box related problems from using it...I have a hard time using $5 a qt oil in a Chinese quad or any of my air cooled Honda thumpers.

For anyone with a Gy6 engine...using motorcycle oil is a waste of money...no wet clutch in a GY6 engine to harm.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone please cure my ignorance but I thought the problem with energy conserving oils was only an issue with wet clutch systems. Are the centrifugal clutches in 110cc kids ATVs wet? I ask the question because I’m new to ATVs and I'm curious.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by nimadd
Someone please cure my ignorance but I thought the problem with energy conserving oils was only an issue with wet clutch systems. Are the centrifugal clutches in 110cc kids ATVs wet? I ask the question because I’m new to ATVs and I'm curious.
Yes you are correct, the clutches in a 110cc auto are wet..and almost every motorcycle engine uses a wet clutch.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for clearing that up for me mywifesquad. I knew about staying away from energy conserving from my motorcycle but all thecentrifugal clutches I've worked with in the past (mostly go-karts)have been dry.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Yes you are correct, the clutches in a 110cc auto are wet..and almost every motorcycle engine uses a wet clutch.

I'm with you there, but I'm still not clear on the little cheapy 110cc gas & go (no gears automatic). So these babies are a wet clutch, shared sump with the engine oil? FWIW, for hard working small air cooled engines, I like Shell Rotella-T 5w40 or 15w40.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Range Rover

D@@@@@M that looks familer PoManzATV. Where've I seen that before.

Attached Thumbnails type of oil?-first-quad.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 06:55 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by PoManzATV
I'm with you there, but I'm still not clear on the little cheapy 110cc gas & go (no gears automatic). So these babies are a wet clutch, shared sump with the engine oil?

FWIW, for hard working small air cooled engines, I like Shell Rotella-T 5w40 or 15w40.
Yes those engines have a wet clutch...

I have been using Valvoline 10wt-40 in all of mine for years...No clutch problems and a bit of money saved on oil..

Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Yes those engines have a wet clutch...

I have been using Valvoline 10wt-40 in all of mine for years...No clutch problems and a bit of money saved on oil..
Probably a good call w/ plain old Valvoline 10w40. I would imagine it's more important to change oil more often given the clutch shares the same oil as the engine and the engine has no oil filter. You'll collect more debris in the oil. No sense in putting liquid gold in there if you're just going to dump it often.

Joel

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: type of oil?