Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

new and got alot of questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new and got alot of questions

I'll get right to it I'm eager to get started so here it goes
1. how do you start a taotao 250
I bought it used and seen the man start it with the push of a button unfortunately I didn't pay attention to what button he pushed or if teh clutch was pulled and I'm totally new to this.

and: o.k. now that I know how to post there are some issues that I would like to discuss
1. we are not communicating enough
we all have a china quad so let's get to it I seen one forum here about parts, but there has got to more than a few sites to get them from. and how about specific model and numbers. that would help
2. how about a warning against the sites that don't help I'm not talking getting sued but just a little friendly warning t o not waste our time
3. Now I found a thread here that told me that I am supposed to have 2-3 hoses hanging from under my quad that go nowhere thanks because I bought it used and was trying to figure that out
4. I think I might need a battery where can I find one
5. Loktight what bolts do I not mess with keep in mind that I'm pretty handy on my yerf dog go kart and my 87 dodge truck but that is about all what about lock nuts?
6. I seen a 50 lbs. kid handle this thing in a parking lot for about 10min. he went through all gears and rev. smoke only from where intake go to motor (missing gasket) the intake for this model has the bolts made to it, it looks like a lack of loktight. 2007 model
7. ok now let's make this forum the most popular on the entire web.

first thing first loktight everything, make sure everything is connected, change all oil, fluids and check brakes esp. on a used bike i need a new intake manifold not having any probs except for smoke coming out near engine. this is a christmas gift so if I can fix before i will. Taotao 250 model # ata 250e where can I find part.

Last edited by scootergptx; 10-13-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

You would need to pull in the clutch....make sure the kill switch is in the middle position and push the e start button..

1)If you do a search there is a lot of info here...if your only looking at the 1st page of each forum its kinda limited..

2) Lots of that info here also...just need to look around..

3)Your Welcome

4)Napa and or Walmart have decent batteries..

5)I use blue loctite on everything that uses a screwdriver, a 8mm, or a 10 mm wrench...

6)Im confused.

7) Been trying to do that for the last 5 yrs or so...guess its not working?

Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Almost forgot...

Welcome to the forum heritagecon!

Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

Hey my man thks a bunch now, I just met a man that had a 110cc kazuma and told me that I may have made a mistake by buying my taotao because it was chinese, but isn't kazuma chinese. I paid 850 for a 250cc mfg. date 11-2007 beautiful with what is it? a intake gasket missing between the exhaust pipe and the motor/head from what I was told that is an easy fix. his 110cc is used and he is asking me to give him my 250cc and $200 for his 110.

Now! I'll admit that I got a little too excited when I saw the 9y.o. boy go thru all the gears and rev. and did not see any leaks or ovreheating after about 10-15min worth of riding and when I first did not hear any knocking or grinding or see any smoke (except where I mentioned) and seen it start at one push of the button, but to be sure the bike has to be worth more than that!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest the 110 is nice and more her size and still has more than enough power, but an atv and $200 everyone pls give good advice my daughter is 11 y.o.
this is for christmas. If I have too many probs I think I'll keep it for myself and find another gift and let her keep riding the 6.5 yerf dog kart.

aka, She doesn't do any hard riding or motocross.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I dont think a used 110cc Chinese ATV is worth more than about $300.00...And that might be too much..

Old 10-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Trailblazer

It seems you post a lot of other atv related sites in your threads. If you wish to get advice here, feel free to do so. If you wish to promote another site of your own or someone else's, please become a sponsor.

Last edited by scootergptx; 10-14-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't trade your bike to that dude and give him $200 bucks, he's trying to rip you off. You already paid $850 for the 250cc bike, if you go for the trade you'll have a total $1050 into a used 110cc bike that sells for around $900 brand new. And yes, the Kazuma is a Chinese made bike. This is copied from Kazuma's web page....
Kazuma Youth ATV and Kids ATV - considered the most affordable chinese ATV on the planet.

Lacoste 110 Kazuma ATV 2006

Our Price: $899.99

Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also try here for the parts you need. http://www.taotaoatv.com/
Good luck and..... Welcome to the forums!!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Trailblazer

hey man thanks !!!!!!! I don't know a lot about this and I'm trying to learn as much as possible. I think the only thing my bike needs is a cyl. head assy. for a (ata 250e) because where the exhaust bolts up one of the studs broke off in the cyl. head.
now, one guy said to just drill/bore and rethread but it is probably safer to just replace whole cyl. assym. what do you think

Last edited by scootergptx; 10-14-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Trailblazer

by the way hawkeye that is the only thing wrong with this It STILL RUNS LIKE A TOP I just don't want to burn a valve. and your pics are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: new and got alot of questions