Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Dragon 110 from USAATVs "can't find spindle"

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragon 110 from USAATVs "can't find spindle"

Hello all I have read through the forum and have not found the answer to my problem so I thought I would ask! About a year and a half ago I purchased a 110 Dragon atv from USAATVs. Its a cheap little quad but has actually served my kids well. This spring the right front spindle broke, and now I am lost after repeated try's at ordering the correct spindle from eagleparts I still have a 3 wheeled quad. The spindle they sent me is too large to slide into my wheel bearings by about an 1/8th of an inch. I tried to get them to send me a hub (bearing) to fit the spindle they sent me but to no avail. I believe I have been wrote off!
I really am not sure of the make of my lil quad as when I search for it by name the pix never look like it. I will take some pix tonight and post them tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by gooddave
Hello all I have read through the forum and have not found the answer to my problem so I thought I would ask! About a year and a half ago I purchased a 110 Dragon atv from USAATVs. Its a cheap little quad but has actually served my kids well. This spring the right front spindle broke, and now I am lost after repeated try's at ordering the correct spindle from eagleparts I still have a 3 wheeled quad. The spindle they sent me is too large to slide into my wheel bearings by about an 1/8th of an inch. I tried to get them to send me a hub (bearing) to fit the spindle they sent me but to no avail. I believe I have been wrote off!
I really am not sure of the make of my lil quad as when I search for it by name the pix never look like it. I will take some pix tonight and post them tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I had this EXACT same problem....also with USAATVS. My sons 110cc machine busted the left side spindle. First the sent the right side.....it was obviously the wrong side so I didnt even bother going any further or I would have noticed what you discovered. I called them up and they sent me the wrong side AGAIN.....damn them. The third time they sent the left side....thats when I discovered, like you, that its not the same size.

My best guess is they switched over some time to the bigger part (probably due to breakage)....so now we are screwed.

My best friend works at a part store and they are damn good at sourcing odd parts for farmers and the such. I sent him with the wheel and spindle assuming he may be able to find a wheel bearing to get the two parts working together - nope. They have the number for a custom bearing place.....they also said they couldnt do it.

So I took the piece to a machine shop and had it machined to fit......cost me $30 but it got me back on the road.

Sorry to hear about your experience......hopefully you have a reasonable machine shop around you, thats the best I could do at the time. I tried calling LOTS of Chinese parts places and had zero luck....so I can save you alot of time going that route, its not worth the effort.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

I still have some parts left from when I was selling these china bikes.
I will have a look & compare once your pics are up.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

Good call on getting the oversized spindle turned down at a machine shop. Worst case is it possible to install the larger spindle with a replacement hub/wheel? Or is that cost prohibitive? Just thinking out loud having just ordered my kits a Taotao 110cc.

Joel

Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PoManzATV
Good call on getting the oversized spindle turned down at a machine shop. Worst case is it possible to install the larger spindle with a replacement hub/wheel? Or is that cost prohibitive? Just thinking out loud having just ordered my kits a Taotao 110cc.

Joel
Well I certainly could have ordered the wheel with the correct size hole but then I would have had to wait again.....and I was tired of waiting on other people to send me stuff. I had the part machined and in my hand in about 30 mins or less. It was just easier.

I doubt this is an issue with all machines, just the Eagles as they apparently changed sizes midway thru production.