Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

help cooling

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help cooling

the warning light in the following pics comes on flickering on my atv also pictured.

i have found what looks like the coolant bottle but as i dont have the owners manual i cant be sure.

the bottle rad and pot are all connected by rubber hoses by the way

any help would be good cheers

Attached Thumbnails help cooling-atv-side.jpg   help cooling-bottle.jpg   help cooling-rad.jpg   help cooling-pot.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 11:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum zr160mg!

That plastic bottle looks like a coolant bottle to me...Might be a good idea to drain all the stock coolant and put something different in(name brand coolant).. As for the light flickering, it could be a bad ground...Does the engine feel hot when the light flickers? Can you hold your hand on the cylinder?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

only after it has been on for a while it does feel bit hot but not really wanted to stick my hand in lol. It seems to have a blue-ish liquid in it at the moment so it basiclly goes ; White bottle- brass pot - back down to radiator top right hand side and with rubber hose's.

the cap for the bottle seems to have a symbol for petrol pump a + sign then a sideways flag

really difficult to get to as well

Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Im just wondering if it really gets hot enough for the light to come on? ...Or if the light just comes on at the result of a electrical short somewhere?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Im just wondering if it really gets hot enough for the light to come on? ...Or if the light just comes on at the result of a electrical short somewhere?
Thats what I'm thinking.

You need to find out if this thing is really getting hot or not.

You don't happen to have one of these do you?? New and used infrared red thermometer, Health Beauty, Business Industrial on eBay.ca

You can buy them a Home Depot or where ever and are really handy. If you have something to check temp. see how hot the engine head is when the light come one.

That actually looks like pretty neat quad, I see it has 4 wheel disc, brakes, shaft drive CVT trans. How does it perform.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

hmmmmm good idea

will have to try and get a temp sensor to whats its actually running at. I should find one near me.

If i was to add coolant to that bottle i wouldn't do any damage would i just to see if that is it and if no change then will defo try to get a temp sensor to have a proper look.

performance is not bad just too cold and rainey to really take it out and have fun but if it freezes over on the ground or wait till summer then it should be a bit better. All the places round here are like swamps right now so no fun gettin stuck all the time and havin to get it out booooo

but cheers for the ideas will have a wee looksie