Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

E ton Viper 40cc quad remote

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E ton Viper 40cc quad remote

So I just picked up a e ton viper 40cc quad for my nephew from a friend. I got it as is for $150 from a friend. I know nothing about these so bare with me. Aparently this thing has a remote control which can adjust the speed and kill the ignition from up to 10 meters away along with a tether killswitch that attaches to the quad and rider itself to kill the ignition if the rider falls off. So here's my question,

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these remotes? I found one from a company outta Maine which will charge me approx $155 for the whole package including a new transponder. Is that a good deal? I would rather find one locally but do I need to install a whole entire new transponder in order for the remote to work?

I also don't have the teather for the rider to quad killswitch, I've seen these for about $40 but is it that hard to make one myself? I'm sure it's just a metal connector piece right? Just a certain shape to fit?

Any help would be awesome thanks!!

Old 12-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've never even seen an eton, but there is a lot of documentation availalbe on line. Go to:

Technical Support

Here there are owners manuals, wiring diagrams, etc. Most, but not all, of the wiring diagrams look believable

Does your eton viper have electric start? The electric start 40cc viper wiring diagram looks correct, but the non electric start viper 40cc wiring diagram is unfortunately sheer nonsense.

Be careful when buying parts for etons. A lot of the electrical parts and wiring is way different, and the common "chinese" parts are not compatible. For example, the tether switch on an eton is normally closed (shorted), and opens up when the plug is pulled off. Most chinese quad tether switches are normally open, and when the plug is pulled off the switch snaps closed (shorted). The ignition switches are internally different as well. If you buy anything make certain it is for eton, and not for generic chinese quads. The same thing applies to the remote module and wiring too.

You might try the link above for getting your eton parts.

I would think that each remote and receiver would be paired/encrypted. Think of the chaos if they were interchangable and you had multiple quads with remotes all in the same area. Everyone would be killing each others quads.