Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Tank Sports goes under.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tank Sports goes under.

Sorry to report this but it was just posted on tank website.

Tank Sports Inc has filed for Bankruptcy Protection
We regrettably inform you that Tank Sports Inc has closed its doors. We can no longer survive in this
economy with the assets that we have on hand. We can no longer afford to keep our doors open.
The year 2009 has been a really brutal one. Towards the second half of 2008, the economy has
already given us a preview of what’s about to come for 2009. But under no circumstance did we
expect it to be this bad. Folks, do not believe what you hear on TV. The economy has _not_ recovered.
The entire staff of Tank Sports Inc has tried and held together till the last day. But unfortunately,
we are unable to continue any further. We are all greatly saddened by the unavoidable decision. Please
understand that the final decision was hard and difficult.
More information will be updated to this page when they become available. Currently all services and
communication are halted as we wait for further instructions from the US Government. Please know that
While we are completing the long process, we have already turned in all our documents. At this current point
We are unable to check, ship, sell or send out any inventory or supplies.
Quoted from the Press release
"Dec 31, 2009
Pink OTC Markets News Service

El Monte, CA
Los Angeles, Dec 31, 2009 /Pink Sheet News Wire – First Call/ -- Tank Sports, Inc
(OTC Pink Sheet: TNSP – News)
Due to the fact that the domestic motorcycle market has been in down turn cycle for the past 13 months, the sales dropped over 50%. The company’s assets cannot no longer meet the company’s liabilities and losses.
The company held an emergency board meeting on Dec 14, 2009, during the time the company had multiple lawsuits from creditors for unpaid balances. The board resolved that the company should be liquidated by filing chapter 7 bankruptcy protection with a federal bankruptcy court.
The company filed chapter 7 bankruptcy with Los Angeles County Bankruptcy Court December 30th 2009."
End quote
Tank Sports Inc
December 31st 2009

*Update - if you are looking to purchase parts you may visit the following shops. Parts for motorsports or parts for scooters.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Range Rover

Figures... Guess I should start tearing mine down to see if a Yamaha clutch will work. Explains why the parts were taken off used bikes and it took them forever to even get them. They obviously knew this was coming for a while.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default things could have been worse

It is a bummer and bad timing but you are quite fortunate in that if you had placed that order a couple weeks later, I bet they would have your money and you have jack!

At least you got the goods and something tangible to ride and work on.

Don't feel bad, the whole industry is crushed and the Chinese folks are basically nuked out of the market. I happened to look at the 2010 ATV certifications for California. I saw ONE chinese mfg (E-Ton) left standing, only the majors remain standing. My understanding is this means you will not see any 2010 Chinese models, they could still offer older models for sale.

But each state has their own regulations on ATV sales but there is a federal level set of regs as well, I think.

Just have fun, go out and ride but only as far as you can walk and run back to civilization.