Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

small modifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small modifications

I want to change my air intake location as well as increase the size of fuel tank 4.2 L not big enough and also alter the tail pipe will any of these mod's affect the ATVs performance ?

Old 01-11-2010, 02:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Those 2 things shouldnt have a effect on performance, as long as relocating the intake doesnt restrict airflow.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

My air intake is a plastic can about 2.5" round x 5" long if I make it smaller every thing should still work ? and about the exhaust pipe I want to move it because it burns my leg I have two options, move it or install a better guard to protect my pants lol. Now about the gas tank would a bigger one affect the flow of fuel by increasing the flow to much.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gpriebe
My air intake is a plastic can about 2.5" round x 5" long if I make it smaller every thing should still work ? and about the exhaust pipe I want to move it because it burns my leg I have two options, move it or install a better guard to protect my pants lol. Now about the gas tank would a bigger one affect the flow of fuel by increasing the flow to much.
Smaller as in shorter? The intake passage should not be smaller [in diameter] than the inner opening of the carburetor. Normally intakes will increase in size as they go to the intake filter. [or decrease from the filter housing to the mouth of the carb] This compensates for the restriction of the filter element. If you maintain diameter, even make it oval, it should be fine. As long as the diameter doesn't change.

The fuel tank size, any tank you could fit on there, shouldn't change pressure enough to matter. The float in the carb will meter how much fuel comes into the carb bowl. As long as it has the cap vent to keep it at constant pressure. For example, if you had a sealed [no cap vent] tank on a warm day, the expansion of the gas vapors could [theoretically] build enough pressure to push the float needle out of the way and cause the carb to flood the system.

For the exhaust, I'd build a better guard. Moving the exhaust to the wrong place could cause a host of other problems, not to mention be added work that keeps you from enjoying riding on it.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for your time and that advice makes sense and saves me allot of work lol

Old 01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Be safe.