Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

dingo 150 electric problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dingo 150 electric problem

Hey everyone,
Has been sometime without a question which I would say is a good thing! Had a little trouble starting today (very cold here). The battery was struggling so i used a jumper box to help it out. I've done it before with no problems. It turned over but then I couldn't stop it. I took out the key, hit the kill switch but nothing would stop it. So i had to disconect the battery. Now if I hook the battery it goes. I thought maybe a switch got stuck but I'm afraid I messed the cdi. If anyone has any input it would be appreciated.
Tim

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The starter wont stop turning?

Old 01-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Follow the big red wire from the battery plus terminal to the starter solenoid. The other big red wire from the solenoid goes to the starter motor. Now that you've found the starter solenoid, find a connector that plugs into the two small wires that also go to the solenoid. This connector will probably be on wires about 6 or 8 inches from the solenoid. Unplug this connector.

When you hook up the battery after unplugging the solenoid small wires, does the starter turn? If so, your solenoid is stuck. Replace it. If not, your starter button is engaged all the time, or you have a short in the wiring harness. Get yourself a voltmeter and we can go from there.

Originally Posted by bakermon
Hey everyone,
Has been sometime without a question which I would say is a good thing! Had a little trouble starting today (very cold here). The battery was struggling so i used a jumper box to help it out. I've done it before with no problems. It turned over but then I couldn't stop it. I took out the key, hit the kill switch but nothing would stop it. So i had to disconect the battery. Now if I hook the battery it goes. I thought maybe a switch got stuck but I'm afraid I messed the cdi. If anyone has any input it would be appreciated.
Tim

Old 01-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Follow the big red wire from the battery plus terminal to the starter solenoid. The other big red wire from the solenoid goes to the starter motor. Now that you've found the starter solenoid, find a connector that plugs into the two small wires that also go to the solenoid. This connector will probably be on wires about 6 or 8 inches from the solenoid. Unplug this connector.

When you hook up the battery after unplugging the solenoid small wires, does the starter turn? If so, your solenoid is stuck. Replace it. If not, your starter button is engaged all the time, or you have a short in the wiring harness. Get yourself a voltmeter and we can go from there.
I'm having trouble posting for some reason. Checked with the wire off and it still started, then I hit it with a wrench handle and now it is working fine. (relay that is) it got stuck I guess but thanks for the help.
Tim

Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Trailblazer

Now I can see that when I pulled the battery up to jump it I pulled the red wire to one side which made the two relay wires touch under there rubber boots. When I hit it with the wrench it must have seperated them. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Tim