Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kid's ATV helmets..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kid's ATV helmets..

I figured I'd ask this here since much of the Chinese ATV is kids/youth orientated. My kid's noggins range from ~21" to 22" in circumference. 4,6 and 8yr/old. I was just looking to you guys for recommendations on sizing. I would prefer to go with a single helmet for all 3 to share if that's possible. After doing some research on this, it appears w/ some make/models, instead of going with say an XL kids/youth helmet, you can get a small adult helmet to fit the same range? Do you go a little larger with these? The last time I had an ATV helmet was 1985. Total Evil Knievel style.

Joel

Old 01-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

you should check out denniskirk.com they have new closeout youth helmets for 25 bucks. they have sizing charts for them as well

Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

http://www.motorcycleonlinestore.com/

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/home.do%3bjsessionid=3D5AF286394339C5D025CB0B1AD7E D6C.westring1

I got my helmets out of the clearance sections and $15 for some. Free shipping with larger orders too. These are sites I use often for my CRF-450R dirt bike. I did the X-small adult for my kids and no issues. They love it along with goggles and gloves too. Gloves are over kill, but the googles are nice once you get use to them. Now I hate to ride without them. Dirt bike throws more mud and all, but scary without googles.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a couple of helmets for my kids on eBay. Both are brand new and came in the box. One was $24 with free shipping, the other I bid on and got for $5 with $12 in shipping...still a good deal.

My older son, who is 6, has a head about 22-1/2" (big-headed like his mama...lol), my younger son, who is 4, has a head 21-1/4". I got my older son the adult small/youth X-Large and my younger boy got a large.

They have some room in both so they can wear light ski caps underneath in the cold weather, and they don't complain about head itch, and by spring --the way these two grow-- the helmets should snug up a bit.

I also got two pairs of goggles for $8 each (also on eBay) with free shipping. They already have assortments of gloves. For now they use those little knit one-size-fits-all type so they have a good grip on the handle bars. If it's really cold they wear the heavier gloves but, kids glove rarely fit well and it's hard for them to feel what they are doing.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Range Rover

Excellent links guys. Thanks. I have been checking ePay. It looks like the least expensive route there is around $30-40 shipped. My sister just gave me a pair of ski helmets that her boys outgrew. They look/feel pretty substantial (and of course my maniacs are running around the house w/ them on), but no full-face protection. Dunno if I'm comfortable with that.

Joel

Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eBay Store: Search results for tmspowersports.

This is the seller where I bought mine.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Keep on the search as it is quite amazing how cheap the shops blow out older year model stuff. The little kids are not going to care if the helmet does not have this year's color and graphics.

Even the local cycle gear blows stuff out but maybe not this time of year.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

Rocky Mountain ATV - $14.99 X-small 1 or 2 left. $7.00 shipping unless you spend $100.00 and then the shipping is free. Such a marketing tool. I seem to find something to get my total over $100.00 each time.