Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Chinese 110cc Rides like crap

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese 110cc Rides like crap

I have a 110cc for my sons. It rides so rough that it beats him to death. Are there any better shocks I can get for his quad? Here is a picture of his quad.

Attached Thumbnails Chinese 110cc Rides like crap-3n63o93pa5p65s85r6a1e50f26e46f6ed1f50.jpg  
Old 01-18-2010, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jsills78
I have a 110cc for my sons. It rides so rough that it beats him to death. Are there any better shocks I can get for his quad? Here is a picture of his quad.
Chinese shock quality is about like the rest of their quality.....some are decent, most are less than decent.

My son has a similar machine and it also sucks in the shock dept.....I figure its just nature of the beast.

I doubt any direct replacement parts you would order would be any better - your going to have to adapt the shocks off another quad.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:25 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

About the only suggestion i have is to measure the shocks and look for something off of a eton or Japanese quad...years ago lots of LT160 shocks were bought by Yamoto 150 owners.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 110 quad and yes the shocks/springs are too stiff for a kid. I also had a Baja 90 quad and it had excellent suspension geared for kids. Maybe go by a pepboys and check out the Baja line up of kids quads and see of some of their shocks will fit.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son's little Chinese 50cc has the same stiffness problem. Even when I've tooled around on it (I have to kneel on the seat) it doesn't "give" with my weight. It seems to be pretty common with these cheaper units.

Maybe there's a way to get the pneumatic or oil pressure to release faster in the shock? I too have to do something for my son's little quad before it shakes him stupid...lol.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Range Rover

Same with our brand new Taotao ATA-110D. I can plop my 230lb **** on it, the rear barely compresses and will bounce like a pogo stick! It's like the shocks are just an empty cylinder with a spring around it. You'd think after ~10yrs of importing these little gems, they'd improve upon that little aspect a bit. Does anyone know if those adjusting sleeves on the shocks (with the notches) actually do anything? What do you do, pull the shock from the lower mount and twist??

Thanks guys

Joel

Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by OneTenCC
Does anyone know if those adjusting sleeves on the shocks (with the notches) actually do anything? What do you do, pull the shock from the lower mount and twist??

Thanks guys

Joel
Dont have to pull the shock at all....just twist.

.....worth a shot.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
Dont have to pull the shock at all....just twist.

.....worth a shot.
I was able to rotate the adjusting collars with a pair of channel locks. I feel no difference what so ever from min-max or max to min. Like I say, the machine barely squats when I plop my ~230lb self on it and the machine is rated for a max loading of 132lbs per the Taotao USA site. Buget says the max loading rating is 250lbs (very consistent!?!?!). This machine EASILY hauls my azz around. Fat guy on a little quad style.

Joel

Old 01-20-2010, 07:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by OneTenCC
I was able to rotate the adjusting collars with a pair of channel locks. I feel no difference what so ever from min-max or max to min. Like I say, the machine barely squats when I plop my ~230lb self on it and the machine is rated for a max loading of 132lbs per the Taotao USA site. Buget says the max loading rating is 250lbs (very consistent!?!?!). This machine EASILY hauls my azz around. Fat guy on a little quad style.

Joel
It doesnt surprise me..When i was in China, the factory I was at made 5 different little ATV's. Most had rock hard suspension and I would suggest something softer(It wouldnt move with my 215lbs on it)...They would tell me the atv must hold 100kgs.. I would say that the average rider was about 35 kgs..didnt matter...Then on another atv the suspension was real soft, it would bottom when I sat on it... they would say... of course its soft...atv for kids..

As for big kids on little ATV's my mini utility has never had anyone under 200 lbs on it...been crashed real hard too...

How long are the shocks on that little atv? I have a set for a 110/150 that are way to soft..Might work on the mini?!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

This might be a dumb question, but...how tight is your chain? When I bought my two machines, the chain was extremely tight. The 200cc machine is a better suspension than the 150cc I have. Also the tires are inflated to 40-50psi for shipping. They also need to be released down to 8 psi if I recall. Start here before you ruin your chain from the tension.

Quick Reply: Chinese 110cc Rides like crap