Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

A couple of easy questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of easy questions.

Hi, I just bought one of these 110cc Quads for my kid, we assembled it last night, and since I'm a 1st time newbie, I have a couple of easy questions.

1) What's that loose dangling tubing ? See attached photo. It's coming from the botton of the carb, and the white inline appears to be plugged with clear silicon gel. Do I just tuck this tubing away someplace or is it supposed to be doing something?

2) For OIL changes, I found the drain plug aok, but where does one put the new oil intop ? Same photo as above, there's a small quarter-sized flat plug, maybe this is for oil? Or as the other photo shows, I can see a hard to reach thing which me be a twist screw off if I could reach it.

Any comments are appreciated !!

Attached Thumbnails A couple of easy questions.-myquad.jpg   A couple of easy questions.-quadoil.jpg  
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JohnReam
Hi, I just bought one of these 110cc Quads for my kid, we assembled it last night, and since I'm a 1st time newbie, I have a couple of easy questions.

1) What's that loose dangling tubing ? See attached photo. It's coming from the botton of the carb, and the white inline appears to be plugged with clear silicon gel. Do I just tuck this tubing away someplace or is it supposed to be doing something?

2) For OIL changes, I found the drain plug aok, but where does one put the new oil intop ? Same photo as above, there's a small quarter-sized flat plug, maybe this is for oil? Or as the other photo shows, I can see a hard to reach thing which me be a twist screw off if I could reach it.

Any comments are appreciated !!

The oil fill plug is the hard to reach one you pointed out on the right side (when your sitting on the quad). NOT the one on the left side of the engine. To get to the oil plug you may have to remove that plastic in the way. The make them safe for little kids and by doing this make it harder to work on!!

As for the other hose it looks like it has a filter attatched to it of some sort. Maybe somene else can jump in here who has one.... as it could be something just added on for pollution control etc. Where does the other end hook up too??? Its not your fuel line from the tank or something is it??

Old 02-02-2010, 04:41 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum JohnReam!

Are you sure its coming from the bottom of the carb? It looks like the fuel line that would be attached to the fuel line coming from the tank.. Of course if there is an line going from the tank to the carb already it might have been put on a drain line accidentally..

Yep youve found the place to fill and check the oil...Id suggest taking the plastic off to refill. And cutting a access hole while its off to make future checking/filling easier...

Old 02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks MyWifeQuad and Sawyer. With your help I definately now know where my oil fill location is, thanks!

About my dangling tube... Yes, there's another tube which does go from tank to carb. You wrote "it might have been put on a drain line accidentally..." I don't recall carbs having drains, maybe this is a "small Chinese" engine feature, maybe a safety thing. Interesting. I guess I'll just tuck this tube someplace other than resting on the engine. Could the tubing be serving as a small gasoline "reserve" ?

Old 02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

no not a reserver. Take a pic of the carb up close where that line hooks up.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Will do. I need an hour to get head home... I'm still at the office.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Thanks MyWifeQuad and Sawyer. With your help I definately now know where my oil fill location is, thanks!

I don't recall carbs having drains, maybe this is a "small Chinese" engine feature, maybe a safety thing. Interesting. I guess I'll just tuck this tube someplace other than resting on the engine. Could the tubing be serving as a small gasoline "reserve" ?
All carbs on dirt bikes and ATV's have overflow tube(drains)...They vent the float bowl and allow fuel to spill out if the engine is on it side or the float is set wrong.. Most have 3 "drain hoses" one from each side and 1 from the bottom... No reserve function in that tube and filter.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
All carbs on dirt bikes and ATV's have overflow tube(drains)...They vent the float bowl and allow fuel to spill out if the engine is on it side or the float is set wrong.. Most have 3 "drain hoses" one from each side and 1 from the bottom... No reserve function in that tube and filter.
Here's a better photo of the carb showing where the dangling tube comes from. mywifesquad I think you're right on with your comment, thanks.

Should I just remove remove the tube entirely or find a place to push it aside, I think it may melt if it's laying right on the engine as I found it.

Attached Thumbnails A couple of easy questions.-quadcarb.jpg  
Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Here's a better photo of the carb showing where the dangling tube comes from. mywifesquad I think you're right on with your comment, thanks.

Should I just remove remove the tube entirely or find a place to push it aside, I think it may melt if it's laying right on the engine as I found it.
Thanks for the pic..it shows the over flow and the fuel line...Id take the filter off the drain line and put it in the fuel line if it doesnt have 1 there already.. As for the drain line just let it lay on the engine, engine heat wont melt it but if it gets near the exhaust it will melt..

Old 02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Smile

Thank you very very much! You guys are the best!

Quick Reply: A couple of easy questions.