Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

PantherXL 110 No power, No lights. Relay problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PantherXL 110 No power, No lights. Relay problem?

The battery has a charge but there is no power going through the quad. No Starter, lights, no nothing! I checked the fuse and it looks great. Are there any tests I could do to determine what it could be? I'm guessing it's the relay.

I just changed the oil, spark plug, and cleaned the Carb. I was really wanting to hear it kick over to cycle the fresh oil through it. Is there a way I could still do that?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Id use a volt meter and work my way up the power line from the battery until you find where the power stops..How many volts is the battery putting out now? Is this a new quad with a problem or a older quad with a problem? Did it work before the work you did on it?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a quad I'm trying to fix for a friend. I thought it just needed simple maintenance procedures because its been sitting up. I didn't have any idea it had electrical issues, I've seen it run before.

The battery has turned out to be dead. Also, I can't seem to find my volt meter either.

I tried to jump it off with my other ATV and there still wasn't any power circulating through it. Not a dim light, a click of anything, no signs of life whatsoever. I've checked all of the wiring to make sure the connections are properly made. I noticed an end that didn't have anything hooked to it, but I didn't see a wire to fit it. All of the wires such as the Ignition switch, Starter, Starter button, lights, are in their proper seat.

I've of course checked and made sure the kill switch is in the run position. You know all of those basic things.

I tried looking for a wiring manual online to make sure everything is in the right place but I can't seem to find one.

Any idea on what my problem could be?

Local mechanics say they won't even touch these Chinese made ATVs. So it looks like I'm alone in this. Any help is very much appreciated!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A lot of 110cc machines are wired very similar. Look at this link to see wiring diagram of a 110cc Giovanni:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/kids...g-diagram.html

Notice that after the fuse the battery voltage passes through one section of the two section ignition switch, then on to the headlight switch and brake light switch. If you have neither headlights or brake lights working then I would look at the ignition switch carefully. One of the four ignition switch wires should be hot all the time, and another should be hot only when the ignition switch is on.

The other two wire wires on your ignition switch (the second switch section) are just another kill switch. One is ground, the other is tied to the kill switch circuitry. When you turn the ignition off the two wires are shorted together, killing the engine.

To crank your engine over without using the start button: Follow the big red wire from your battery (+) terminal to a screw post on your starter solenoid. The other screw post on your solenoid goes via another big red wire to your starter motor. On the starter solenoid short those two big screw posts together using a screwdriver. A few sparks are normal. If your battery is good the starter motor will crank. Jump it to another quad if your battery is dead. You can jump it to your car too, just be extra sure to get the polarity right.

If the ignition switch is on and all the other kill switches are off, and you short the solenoid, the quad may even start up.