Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma lacoste 150--please help--

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma lacoste 150--please help--

I just got a Kazuma Lacoste 150. It does not start. I checked for spark and no spark is present. I removed the front access cover and found 2 wires that go to the cid box to be disconnected. The colors are black/white and green. I have no power going to the cid. Im assuming 1 of these wires is ignition due to wires being next to ignition switch. It uses the same cid and engine as the falcon 150. Does anyone have any idea where these wires go to??????????

No power at ignition coil...

Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvalen213
I just got a Kazuma Lacoste 150. It does not start. I checked for spark and no spark is present. I removed the front access cover and found 2 wires that go to the cid box to be disconnected. The colors are black/white and green...
Does you CDI look like this? If so read on. If not, then post back and we can change direction.

Name:  CDI_Pinout.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  27.7 KB

Green is usually ground, and Black/White is usually the kill switch. Having the Black/White wire disconnected will "enable" spark (you short this wire to ground to 'kill' the spark). But ground cannot be disconnected or the CDI will not work, and you will get no spark.

...I have no power going to the cid. Im assuming 1 of these wires is ignition due to wires being next to ignition switch. It uses the same cid and engine as the falcon 150. Does anyone have any idea where these wires go to....
Most CDI's like this aren't powered with DC from the battery/12 volt charging system. Instead they are powered with high voltage AC (around 80 volts AC cranking - much higher when running). So if you are looking for 12 volts anywhere around the CDI you aren't likely going to find it - even if your ignition system is working normally.

But (just to make things more difficult) there *are* some newer CDI's that are powered off 12 volts DC. And they look identical. It is easy to tell the difference with a few simple measurements. Look here for some info on this:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...se-stator.html

...No power at ignition coil...
The voltage on the ignition coil isn't anything related to 12 volts DC. If you're using a meter or test light to look here you're going to be confused. You need an oscilloscope to measure this point.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help. As soon as I connected ground I got spark.. It turned on with some help of carb. spray.. Once it warms up it stays running. There is a hose that is disconnected at the base of the carb. any idea where it goes..

What type of engine oil and cvt oil does it use?

Thanks for your help...