1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Atv doing nothing

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atv doing nothing

Atv have been sitting up for a while put a new battery in and nothing everything was working before. Can any help btw it a hi bird 250

Old 02-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

New Battery needs a charge? Or Jump with another battery? Main Fuse is blown? So no lights light up at all?
May need to pull clutch lever or brake lever in to start!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with everything outofline said above.

Another thing you might try:

Follow the large red battery wire to the starter solenoid post. Follow the other solenoid post down to the starter motor. Short those two posts together with a screwdriver (some sparking is OK). Does the starter turn?

If yes, then you battery is OK and we can look at the ignition / starter interlock circuitry. If the starter doesn't turn then it points to battery problems, starter problems, or bad connections in the starter wiring (including the ground return).

Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
KTB
Weekend Warrior

I am very new here and know almost nothing about these quads,,BUT the problem you describe i did have. For me the fix was a fuse that was located right below the seat inline of the smaller red wire coming off the battery,, the fuse looked fine, but wasnt working, swapped fuse and BAM i have electic,,hope that helps.