1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

BMX 110cc still won't start - brand new!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BMX 110cc still won't start - brand new!!

I need help in the worst way. I was able to take the slide out of the carb and adjust the needle to the lowest setting. Got it back together and the atv still will not start. I guess my next step is to pull the carb off and try to clean it out (would it need to be cleaned with it being brand new??). I also replaced the plug and have been spraying ether in the air filter hose. I have been trying to start it without the air filter on it since I'm spraying ether into it. I'm so friggin mad at this thing - I bought it for my wife and she can't even ride it! Can anyone offer any suggestions on cleaning the carb? I've never done it before but it looks pretty easy to get the carb off. How exactly do you clean it? AAARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

There are several variations on cleaning carbs. I like to spray carb cleaner into the the jets and passageways then run wire through them then using compressed air to make sure there clean.

Try putting in around a teaspoonfull of fuel into the cylinder and see if it tries to startup. Do you have spark?

Old 03-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for the information. Yes, it has spark. It just seems like it's not getting enough / any fuel. When I pulled the carb apart to adjust the needle I put in backwards the first time, which opened the throttle all the way. The engine started and revved way up for a second then died / again like it's not getting fuel. What about valve adjustment? I've seen that terminology alot on here but am not sure what it is or how to do it.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

One more question Mike - when you say pour fuel into the cylinder how would you do that - through the carb? Please forgive me but I just don't mess with engines much and don't know alot about it (but I'm learning fast!). I know the spark plug screws into the cylinder head but not sure how I would get fuel into it.

Thanks.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronky
One more question Mike - when you say pour fuel into the cylinder how would you do that - through the carb? Please forgive me but I just don't mess with engines much and don't know alot about it (but I'm learning fast!). I know the spark plug screws into the cylinder head but not sure how I would get fuel into it.

Thanks.
I use a eye dropper or a piece of 1/4" fuel line.. dip the line in the gas.. plug the end of the line with your finger and pull the line out of the tank and let some dribble into the spark plug hole.. As for cleaning the carb... not a big deal once you do it..but its kinda intimidating the first time... Just be sure to keep the carb cleaner away from anything that is made of rubber or it will grow to a useless size.

Are you still using the chinese spark plug? if so replace it with a NGK C7HSA..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

Just like mywifesquad said. I usually use a common drinking straw, put it in the fuel usually about an inch full in the straw then dribble into the spark plug hole.