1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

2 stroke vs 4 stroke 50 CC

Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
.....I think the "dealer" is full of it - thats not a private label Kazuma. In no way shape or form does it resemble a Kazuma in any way.....mechanical or plastic wise. Ive got both a Wombat and Meerkat (Kazuma's 50cc ATVs) setting behind me.....I see no resemblance at all.

Not saying its a bad ATV or a bad deal.....just saying that aint a Kazuma, private label or not.

.....and stay away from the little 2 stroke things.....they are turds. Even if they werent I would rather have electric start like on the 4 stroke vs the pull start on the little 2 stroke. That alone would be worth the extra money to me.......and to your son when he learn how to start it on his own. That wont be an option with the pull start......havent seen a little kid yet that could pull start anything.
I did not click on the links in the OP. Let me say that if you are thinking about buying over the Internet you HAVE to make sure you buy an authentic name brand chinese atv, not some chinese knockoff of some other chinese atv which was cloned from a honda. You MUST verify the atv comes from that manufacturer and has a bonafide US distributor. If both these things can not be confirmed you are buying a POS and a HUGE waste of money.

I'd throw out a few known names but can not attest to their current soundness. Jetmoto, Roketa, BMS Motors.

Again, do your homework and personally check out that the manufacturer is alive and well AND the distributor is sound. Everything else will fall into place after that; i.i. warranty, parts, service.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would stay away from the 2 stroke one. My brother had one and they are a big POS. There was no throttle limiter, no shocks. The sproket was out of round so the chain would either get so tight it woulndt move Or fall off because it was so loose.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
.....I think the "dealer" is full of it - thats not a private label Kazuma. In no way shape or form does it resemble a Kazuma in any way.....mechanical or plastic wise. Ive got both a Wombat and Meerkat (Kazuma's 50cc ATVs) setting behind me.....I see no resemblance at all.

Not saying its a bad ATV or a bad deal.....just saying that aint a Kazuma, private label or not.
o brother
I did some research online and can't find any resemblance to a Kazuma either. So lets say he is full of it. I don't care how he does warranty on his line of machinery either, it is customary to me for a dealer to honor the warranty of the product they sell. I guess it's cheap.
Time to start a thread to see if I can ID the machine.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jethrob
o brother
I did some research online and can't find any resemblance to a Kazuma either. So lets say he is full of it. I don't care how he does warranty on his line of machinery either, it is customary to me for a dealer to honor the warranty of the product they sell. I guess it's cheap.
I guess my outlook would be what kind of dealer potentially lies about his product to make a sell.....I would be looking for another dealer. Your is atleast dishonest......perhaps worse.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Sounds a bit shaky to me... I wonder if this guy will be around in a year? If your real good with a wrench and dont mind searching for parts (Im sure they will be available from someone) you could save a few bucks buying this one...If not, this could be the biggest nightmare of your life..

Old 03-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jethrob
o brother
I speak for myself but I am taking my own time to help folks who come here for advice and research. Maybe I misunderstand your note but it seems like you plan to still figure out what these dealers are selling.

You have three posts by established members who all warn you away from these ads and at least for me to pursue and sticking with a known authentic brand.

It is incorrect to apply typical brand name product warranty support carried at established retail chains in this venue. Here you are dealing with folks (a lot, NOT ALL) who are bordering on the edge of unethical and illegal behavior and tactics including having total disregard and no intention of fully standing behind a warranty on a chinese atv build of marginal quality parts from dubious sources made of substandard and inferior raw materials. Certain person here has actually consulted inside one of these places IN China and got a unique view of the industry from the inside.

Forgive me if this seems harsh but it is my last attempt to guide you down a path that can actually be rewarding and fun while still having enough challenges to keep you hopping for parts and advice and keeping it more fun than work.

Good luck.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my $.02

The 110 on the 4 stroke site looks like the Tao Tao I bought for my son. The only diff I see is he wants $200 more than I paid back in Oct 09.

Like everyone else here has said check and recheck before you buy. Call the guy, check references if you can get them, check with Better Business, shop shop shop around. Better Business had the internet dealer I used on file. He had 3 cases filed agents him in 5 years and satisfied all of them. When I called and talked to him he freely admitted it and didn’t try to hide it. That’s one of the reasons I bought from him.

Also a fact of life on these Chinese quads is you’re going to have to work on it yourself. Especially if your buying off the internet. If you’re not ready to do that stick to the Honda, Suzuki or the other big name brands. They cost alot more but they are a much better built machine and the dealer will stand behind it.

I hope this didn't sound too hard, just trying to be honest.

Nick

Old 03-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

Ok went by the dealer of the weekend. He is selling Tao Tao and coolster.
The 50's were way to small for my son.
So we tried to get a 125 tao tao from him and failed. They were asking 750 plus tax out of them which seems high to me. They had an auction going on there and had a brand new one, so we hung around and bid on it.
I opened the bid up at $400. Nobody else bid against me. The ring guy bid $450 on it and the auctioneer tried to get me to bid against myself on it which I wouldn't do. I refuse to bid against ring men at an auction. Bidding stopped at the ring guys $450, the owner spoke up and said $550 min, so it was "no sale".
What a deal.
Afterwards a salesmen approached me, and the haggling began. To make a long story short they wanted $550 for the wheeler, a $35 auction fee, and $45 sales tax or so...like $625 out the door for one. But they wanted me to buy it though the auction, "as-is", no warranty what so ever, from them or the factory. Also, they wanted paid cash and said no receipt. I tried like hell to get them to put the 3 months standard parts warranty on it and they wouldn't, so I walked on it. It was just to squirrely.
I found a used 10 month old 110 or 125 coolster (camo) for $400 down the road so we went with that. It runs good but needs a little work on the breaks. Sounds just like a honda.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I found a used 10 month old 110 or 125 coolster (camo) for $400 down the road so we went with that. It runs good but needs a little work on the breaks. Sounds just like a honda.
Good for you. Sounds like a fair deal and coolster is a common brand although it tends to be more pit bikes than ATV.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.