1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Tires Suck! What do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires Suck! What do you use?

I took the 200cc JCL out today and the mud made instant SLICKS! I just looked up the tire size on the internet and found the tires are...

21x7-10 Front
20x10-10 Rear

I looked at the sites where I buy Dunlop tires for my CRF and not finding this is a common size on a quad. The chinese part sites I use didn't have the size either. Anyone run an after market tire yet? These tires feel like plastic and are light weight. A real tire is going to weigh more and any experience with a change?

Last edited by youngnbald; 03-24-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Did you Google?

Seems to me both sizes are fairly easy to find, with the front tire size being very common.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I get all my tires from Rocky Mountain ATV, very good prices and plenty of choices in your size. If you like running in mud I would recommend ITP Holeshot MXR4's on the rear, they dig like crazy and clean out easy and fairly lite too.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. I guess I was refusing to see the price on these tires! I just bought dirt bike tires and didn't think the cost would be so high on the quads. Cheap machines, but the tires will add up fast.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by youngnbald
Thanks for the info. I guess I was refusing to see the price on these tires! I just bought dirt bike tires and didn't think the cost would be so high on the quads. Cheap machines, but the tires will add up fast.
This is the same reaction I have about tire prices. The quads are really discounted but the tire cost is quite high relative to the whole kit. The ones that came with the original quad must be very cheap otherwise they can not sell the whole thing for so little. I would love to find a really cheap source of ATV tires, that is prices in the spirit of some cheapass chinese atv owner.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

This is why my shock I guess. Cheap machine and wanted cheap tires to replace. My 150cc has no problems in the mud, but the 200 has INSTANT slicks with the same ride area. On a $4000 machine, I can see $100 tires, but not on a $1000 machine.

Let me know if you know where to buy these "plastic like" tires that are original. I will wear them out and would love to put back the same at a very low price. I will have to experiment with the 200cc thou.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Let me know if you know where to buy these "plastic like" tires that are original. I will wear them out and would love to put back the same at a very low price. I will have to experiment with the 200cc thou.
I was not talking about cheap plastic tires. At least the ones on the Jetmotos are decent quality but I just don't want to have to pay 150 for a pair of them times two (two quads) and fork over $300 for friickin tread.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be able to find some tires for that thing, but if it really rolls on 10" rears that will make it tougher. Cheng Shin has some more affordable selections. If you can find them, Carlisle turf tamers are about the best bang for your buck(4ply.) I have seen these or similar for sale at Wal-Mart, Pep Boys, Tractor Supply, etc.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

try craigslist

Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

I know I am calling it "plastic like" tires. Do other people feel the tires are not a rubber compound that most tires are? It seems the compound is extremely hard and will give long wear traits. The cleaning effect is terrible on the JCL 200cc. Without mud, the tires are great! Took the machines out again over the weekend and had a blast with the 150cc. The 200cc had to sit due to the mud.
I didn't want to lose the ground clearance and wanted the same measurements as the original. Not common size for the rear tire with that requirement and the price is extremely high when found. My dirt bike tires are $120 for one, but sales are often and I picked them up for $62. I hope quad tires have sales like this also.
How do people feel with their tires on machines other than the Jetmotos. Can the jetmotos factory tire be found for sale?

Quick Reply: Tires Suck! What do you use?