1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Daymak china brand?

Old 04-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Daymak china brand?

hey all.

im getting the Sasquatch 200cc Liquid-cool. year 2008 model

i know people don't recommend these but i have been told the engines are pretty solid considering its china :P

im on a budget so im kinda stuck with this brand and they look pretty good to me. any review or info would be great

whats the biggest thing that breaks down on these?

thanks again!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

1st off how much are you having to pay for this atv? I take it that its used being a 2008 so your getting it for under $1000.00??

The engine is probaby ok, I like to air cooled models just for the fact there is less stuff to worry about. I looked at it on their site its your typical chinese atv, there are some with a bit better suspension and front disc brakes but basically the engines are all the same.

What gives grieve on all chinese atvs is bolts rattling loose, pivot points on the suspension, wiring connections, etc. They are just built cheaper than the jap atvs.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

i figured as much with the bolts coming loose lol.
also, yes im getting it under 1K ( $800.00 to be exact)
i prefer liquid cooled ones better. just something i like to have
the suspension looks good on them too, and apparently has been upgraded. which is nice.
Any advise on how to not die and break down on this ? lol

thanks for the info!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by alex288288
i figured as much with the bolts coming loose lol.
also, yes im getting it under 1K ( $800.00 to be exact)
i prefer liquid cooled ones better. just something i like to have
the suspension looks good on them too, and apparently has been upgraded. which is nice.
Any advise on how to not die and break down on this ? lol

thanks for the info!
Well I would go over it and any bolt that goes through plastic, I would put blue loctite on it. Plus any other bolt that looks like it would rattle loose. If you do this it will reduce much of the troubles. Check the nuts on the wheel hups and tie rods. Make sure they are are snug. Also drop the oil and see how it looks and make sure the coolant system hoses and clamps are good. Also these things have cheap chains that like to stretch. So you may find if it has a lot of miles on it the chain needs to be adjusted and or replaced. If you replace it spend a little more and get a better quality chain.

Doing the above will drastcially reduce on the trail troubles. Not sure where you ride but those tires and not too agressive for mud etc. I also noticed it has
the battery outside on the left rear. Many put them under the seat. Make sure it has a good air filter so it doesn't suck dust!

This 250 was a bit more money new that that one but just for comparisons sake you can see how diff. the suspension is and tires. Jetmoto Canada - 250 CC Sport ATV

Even the way its put together for market it still has the old Chinese weak points that need attention etc.