1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

TAO 110cc wont turn at all...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAO 110cc wont turn at all...HELP!

I just bought this 110 for my kids over a month ago, they had a rough time starting it...did not get a good concept of pressing the back brake in order to get started. Now, it won't start at all...I mean it does not even crank over at all. I have check the safety plug in the rear n it was on, but as I recall it will still turn over even if it was off. I dont knw what else to do...I used the remote to start it but nothing...I check the volt. on the battery and reads 12.9. Since I had it I have never charge it, but even so w/ low volt. I think it wld attempt to crank over. This think does not do anything at all...plz help!

Attached Thumbnails TAO 110cc wont turn at all...HELP!-kdk_0431.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Test 1:

Follow the big fat red wire from the battery (+) lead to your starter solenoid. Follow the other big fat red wire from the solenoid to the starter motor itself. Keep those two big screw terminal connections on the solenoid in mind...

Set the brake. Put the quad in neutral. <=- Double check this before proceeding...

Take a screwdriver and use the metal shank to short the two starter solenoid posts above together. Some sparking is normal. Does the starter turn over now?

Test 2:

Turn on the ignition switch. Step on the brake. Does the brake light turn on? Make sure the headlights are off so you don't confuse the tail light with the brake light.

You are correct when you say that a rear tether plug malfunction should not keep a quad from cranking. It will keep a quad from starting (because there is no spark), but the starter will crank just fine.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks...I will follow up today and let you knw if it cranked over. As you mentioned on the test 2, my light is broken however, I did verify that the pin was being activated when the brake is push all the way down...I knw that if was not press completly down all the way the atv wld not crank over at all. Also I never used the alarm on it even to kill it or turn it on, but i did recall it would beep when i wld activated and now nothing...but I will attempt the first step.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You can disable the remote (and completely remove it from the picture as far as your problem goes) by unplugging it. But just keep in mind that the ignition switch will no longer turn off the quad after you do this. You will have to use the handle bar or tether kill switch to kill the engine.

Other than that everything else works the same.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No lights no electric start chinese 150cc quad

Help me

Old 08-16-2019, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What if

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Test 1:

Follow the big fat red wire from the battery (+) lead to your starter solenoid. Follow the other big fat red wire from the solenoid to the starter motor itself. Keep those two big screw terminal connections on the solenoid in mind...

Set the brake. Put the quad in neutral. <=- Double check this before proceeding...

Take a screwdriver and use the metal shank to short the two starter solenoid posts above together. Some sparking is normal. Does the starter turn over now?

Test 2:

Turn on the ignition switch. Step on the brake. Does the brake light turn on? Make sure the headlights are off so you don't confuse the tail light with the brake light.

You are correct when you say that a rear tether plug malfunction should not keep a quad from cranking. It will keep a quad from starting (because there is no spark), but the starter will crank just fine.
So what if the rear brake light or any light doesnt work?
I have the same problem I got nothing I hit the start button and nothing not even a blip no light no brake light but it cranks over when I jump the solenoid but doesnt actually run?