1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

No spark 90cc sunl

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark 90cc sunl

Well guys new here on the forum been doing some reading but still havent been able to solve a no spark issue. I cant seem to get spark out of a 90cc sunl the wiring harness was cut up since they removed alarm box. I wired it to best of my knowledge but still no spark. I purchased new cdi, coil so far. Stator seems ok as i get voltage from main red wire and I get small voltages from trigger wires dont think its the stator i could be wrong. Kill switch is disconnected so I dont think thats the problem..what is next only thing I have not replaced is stator and rectifier which I dont think would prevent me from getting spark? Help?

This uses a 5 pin CDI.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

.....Stator seems ok as i get voltage from main red wire and I get small voltages from trigger wires.....
What are these two voltages precisely (while cranking the engine)? Be sure to measure them at the CDI connector in the wiring harness with the CDI disconnected. The "red" wire color is strange. Normally the AC power wire from the stator is black with a red stripe.

The rectifier/regulator is not involved in generating spark. You can ignore that for this problem.

Hook the CDI back up and probe the ignition coil pin while cranking the engine. Measure the DC voltage to ground. What you should see is mostly zero volts with occasional random voltages getting captured. What is the highest voltage you see at the ignition coil pin?