1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Bmx 110 atv

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bmx 110 atv

I got one of these as a gift, and it actually runs great. But i came with the kill switch alarm system thing on it. It would be fine if the thing didnt act dumb all the time. We have replaced batteries in the atv and in the remote. But it tends to just randomly while in the process of being ridden just chuirp twice and then just stop running, if we hit the unlock on the remote it will start back up and run for 10 minutes or so then it will do it again. Any suggestions on what migth be wrong, or how to just disable it for good?

Thanks

Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too easy

Take the ATVs cover completely off.

Remove the connectors for the alarm, and remote

Don't cut anything except zip-ties.

If you have to break in to a shared connector, use a fine punch to depress the pins connected to either the alarm or remote. Example, front head light share connector with alarm on 4-pin connector, keep connector, remove pins and wire coming from alarm.

I don't if the ECU will know the difference the components are missing.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bradfore
I got one of these as a gift, and it actually runs great. But i came with the kill switch alarm system thing on it. It would be fine if the thing didnt act dumb all the time. We have replaced batteries in the atv and in the remote. But it tends to just randomly while in the process of being ridden just chuirp twice and then just stop running, if we hit the unlock on the remote it will start back up and run for 10 minutes or so then it will do it again. Any suggestions on what migth be wrong, or how to just disable it for good?

Thanks
Just unplug it, and your problems are over. One minor caveat: You won't be able to turn off the quad with the ignition switch any longer - you'll have to use the handlebar kill switch - else the quad operates the same minus the remote functions (and problems).