1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help Identify my ATV

Old 03-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Identify my ATV

I bought a kids ATV from a guy not a dealer. Its new and works well for my 5 year old. The problem is I dont know brand or model so cant find parts for it. This is the info I have:
  • The guy said its a 110cc(I cant prove it)
  • Label Upper: TZH147FMF
  • Label Lower: 08102835
  • Other Label: 107CM3

I searched around the web with this info and I think this engine is an XT90GK. Not sure though. Can anyone help me out at least Identifying the engine??
It has some type of restrictor because the engine chokes after it reaches certain revs. I gues its the CDI thats doing it but not sure. Any thouhgts?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

some of the cdi's have a loop wire that goes out of the box and right back in that you can cut. and others have a washer in the exhaust right were it comes out of the motor that u can just pull out. hope that helps

Old 03-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by arcticjeff73
some of the cdi's have a loop wire that goes out of the box and right back in that you can cut. and others have a washer in the exhaust right were it comes out of the motor that u can just pull out. hope that helps
Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow. Will post results later.

Still trying to figure what this atv is and what engine do I have. The gentleman mentioned its built in Japan.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Range Rover

Look for a throttle limiter. A bolt that limits the throttle cable from opening all the way. ...on the handle bars... near the throttle.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by arcticjeff73
I wasn't sure about cutting the wires. I ordered a high performance no rev cdi. Will rep back after I installed it. There is no washer in the exhaust. There is some kind of sensor in the exhaust pipe that is wired to an electronic device. Don't know what it is.

Originally Posted by armagh
Look for a throttle limiter. A bolt that limits the throttle cable from opening all the way. ...on the handle bars... near the throttle.
I've seen that bolt but its completely loose. Hopefully the cdi will give me the revs I'm looking for and then I can limit with this bolt.