1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Eton yukon transmission trouble

Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton yukon transmission trouble

I just changed the gear oil in my Eton Yukon 150. The ATV had been in the garage for about a year. The fluid came out a milky grey.. Before this the bike ran fine but after I changed the fluid it wont engage in forward or reverse.... Any ideas?

Old 03-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Updates for your xsmn ?

I recently purchased a used 2003 Yukon YXL 150 as a project. I'm getting ready to crack open the transmission. Do you have any updates to your transmission issue? Do you have the service manual? I may be purchasing the manual shortly. Let me know if you want a scanned copy.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you may have some surface rust on your shifting fork shaft. the shifting cluster is not engaging. where did it get water inside of the tranny? did you submerge it? you may have to rock it back and forth "in gear" while moving the shifter back and forth. if it doesn't "break loose", you'll need to pull it apart. if you have to pull it, it's much easier to pull the engine/transmission as one unit out, lay it on its left side and take the tranny case apart. my shifter cluster had stripped gears, easy fix. holler back if you have any more questions. i will be posting pics of the reassembly to help anyone out.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

check my Eton album under my profile. i put some pics in there so show my tranny rebuild. way too many pictures to post on a thread.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well, the drive shaft was the wrong part. the size was the updated replacement(splines were a little different). Eton happened to have the old style still on the shelf. i got one coming. now the pics in my Eton album are what has been installed so far. once the new drive shaft comes in, i'll post some more pics. nothing will change on the inside, but i'll be able to showcase the CVT pulley area once the next part comes in that way it'll help anyone who is working on something similiar.
i wished that all of the manufacturers kept up with the service bulletins on upgraded/replacement parts. that was a bummer. but i still got plenty of time to finish the repair before we take off and play.

more to come soon on this project.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BK9954
I just changed the gear oil in my Eton Yukon 150. The ATV had been in the garage for about a year. The fluid came out a milky grey.. Before this the bike ran fine but after I changed the fluid it wont engage in forward or reverse.... Any ideas?
look closely at the pics i posted in my album. if you can't get it to loosen up manually, you may need to pull the engine/tranny in one piece and open it up. look at the pics on the gear shift spindle and the way the teeth line up to the gear shift drum. or the way the channels are on the gear shift drum. as you can tell by the pics, the gear shift spindle teeth tie in to the gear shift drum teeth which spins and actuates the stub of the shifting fork in the channels and moves the shifting fork inside of the shifting cluster. quite a few moving parts. i hope this helps you understand how it functions and will help you out! holler back.

Attached Thumbnails Eton yukon transmission trouble-img_0481.jpg   Eton yukon transmission trouble-img_0478.jpg   Eton yukon transmission trouble-img_0489.jpg   Eton yukon transmission trouble-img_0483.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

got all of the parts in and now i got some time off, SO, the Eton will get worked on and be running by this weekend. i'll put the tranny back together either tomorrow or the next day. BUT, she will be running very, very soon. will post back.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

All parts are now officially in as the Eton group did an upgrade for the tranny! All is good now & doin fine

Old 10-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default E-ton150yukon

Originally Posted by jetennes
I recently purchased a used 2003 Yukon YXL 150 as a project. I'm getting ready to crack open the transmission. Do you have any updates to your transmission issue? Do you have the service manual? I may be purchasing the manual shortly. Let me know if you want a scanned copy.
Hi, could I have copy of e-ton 150 Yukon Manuel, please defeojack@gmail.com 0r text 913-594-2009

Thank u very much

Old 10-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Defeojack1

Originally Posted by jetennes
Hi, could I get a scanned copy of e-ton 150 Yukon please
Thank u

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eton yukon transmission trouble